Best Place to eat during Bar Hop

Westbank is bestbank

I'd vote for Rasta's. Great job with seafood. Ceviche is probably the best or right up there for Cozumel. But you might be a tad hungry before then. At one time I'd vote for Playa Bonita. They did good things with seafood and even had gorditas. It's been a while since we were there now and I think they changed owners, but have heard mixed things on the food. Coconuts is average, standard type of fare you see everywhere, IMO. Best thing about Coconuts is the view. Second best thing is the "ceiling hangings":D I've heard Punta Morena is on the expensive side, but can't confirm.

Yes! It's right at the end of the transversal road and the road up the east side from the west side road. The place is know for its arrachera marinade (a beer, sazon, coriander and achiote mixture) for their tacos. At one time it was notorious for over charging for tax already included in the price. The place gets a bit ignored by the tourists and cruisers, but attracts the locals. One of the few places I've seen on Coz where Barrilito Cerveza is pushed over it's lighter sister brew Corona. In fact at one time was called Corona Genuina Cerveza de Barril. It's is an American style lager similar to Bud.

Rough beach outside but there's a deck and tables.

Rastas has great coconut shrimp, but they are the last stop and I typically NEED to eat well before then. I agree with others, Coconuts food is just average. It's t he perfect stop time-wise to eat, but I would just get chips/salsa or something basic. I found their food to be on the expensive side for what you get as well.

I thought food was good at Playa Bonita to go along with the HUGE margarita's we ordered. Definitely needed to eat there...I'm sure you will enjoy the food at any location though (except Coconuts..)

Related to the OPs question: I'm allergic to shellfish. Which stop would you say has the best non-seafood dish? What about the best fresh made guacamole?

Thanks!

Dan.

Playa Bonita has great guacamole, imo.

I can't remember the other menu items, but I know Coconuts has tacos and fajitas. We had their tacos once...they were OK and like $10 for 2 very small tacos! It was more than I expected for what was received. I'm sure you would get a great recommendation when you get there from your guide--probably Greg or Colleen (or both if a larger group). They definitely will help you out!