Carnival Splendor - Half Moon Cay

beshears

We are booked on the Splendor for April. One of our destinations is Half Moon Cay. Can you tell me what port/island this is on?

If you have been on HMC before, what did you do there? I understand it is a beach, correct? Does Carnival provide free food there?

We are booked on the Splendor for April. One of our destinations is Half Moon Cay. Can you tell me what port/island this is on?

If you have been on HMC before, what did you do there? I understand it is a beach, correct? Does Carnival provide free food there?

Its a private island owned by carnival corp. (Holland American)// yes. nice beach and includes free lunch.... They do have some excurisons there, but most just lay on the beach.. some rent cabanas from carnival...

It is on an island in the Bahamas called "Little San Salvador". Half Moon Cay is the Americanized name CCL gave it to make make it sound more appealing/romantic to their customer base. Much of the staff "commute" from Cat and/or Eleuthera islands.

If you can swing it and there are some available, get a cabana. It is not required but it is like heaven on earth. I went last year and I LOVED it. My husband is not a beach person but I think he will even like it there. I can picture him lying in the hammock in the shade, reading a book.

If you can swing it and there are some available, get a cabana. It is not required but it is like heaven on earth. I went last year and I LOVED it. My husband is not a beach person but I think he will even like it there. I can picture him lying in the hammock in the shade, reading a book.

Ditto this!! We aren't really beach people either, but LOVED, LOVED, LOVED HMC!!! We cannot WAIT to go back. We rented a cabana and it was AMAZING. Best Water / Sand I've ever seen on a beach and the Cabana is THE WAY to go. I was not convinced before, but would never do without it now... :D

OMG! Ditto! HMC is my absolute FAVORITE! The beach is gorgeous, the sand is like powder and the water is crystal clear and SO blue! You will love it! Word of advice, if you are going to have lunch make sure to go as soon as they are serving. We waited until closer to the end of service because we wanted to eat and just go back to the ship then but they were running out of several things by then.

Thank you everyone for your response back. I'm just getting "excited," just thinking about it. :) Sounds great.

Someone had mentioned, that when they serve lunch, we need to try to get there at that time, and not wait until it is about over.

If you remember, does it start at 12:00 or earlier, or later?

Can we take Carnival towels from the ship, or do we need to bring our own?

Another ditto. Loved it. Amazing water/sand. The cabana was the best.

Edited by missymckibben

We've visited 4 times. We had a cabana three times and went in with a group (we found each other on our CC roll call) on the Grand Cabana for the fourth cruise. It's probably our favorite beach - beautiful, clear water and soft sand. If you go for a cabana, I always recommend trying to get one further down the beach, as the beach is less crowded. We had Cabana 5 one time - before the Captain Morgan bar was built - and we had people coming up to our cabana to use our shower.:rolleyes:

One word.....PARADISE!!

An excursion to check out on HMC.........ride the horses!!!!

Misslucy01