Dining Question

I just booked a cruise for Jan 2016 on Serenade of the Seas. I wanted early dinin? since I don't want to prepay gratuities for MTD. I want to use OBC instead. My agent said we are waitlisted for early seating because they haven't opened up dining yet for 2016. Does anyone know when this will happen?

I just booked a cruise for Jan 2016 on Serenade of the Seas. I wanted early dinin? since I don't want to prepay gratuities for MTD. I want to use OBC instead. My agent said we are waitlisted for early seating because they haven't opened up dining yet for 2016. Does anyone know when this will happen?

I don't buy that. I have 3 cruises booked in 2016 and have assigned early seating on all.

Well, your TA isn't doing a very good job (IMO). Tell your TA to send an email to rcldining@rccl.com and give them your sail date, reservation number and the names on the reservation and ask them to put you into Early Traditional Seating.

If your TA won't do it, do it yourself and (if it were me)I would never use that TA again....since you had to do, their job.

We are booked on Serenade in February 2016 and we were able to select early seating. I think we booked in June 2014. I suspect you are wait listed because early seating already reached some predetermined head count.

Edited by NemoCrownie

Thanks for the email tip. I booked our Aug. 2015 Oasis sailing in July 2014 and even then, the early dining seating was unavailable. Red flags were raised then and I didn't use a TA..

I have never gotten a satisfactory reason why when booking a cruise months out, you cannot select the dining option you want. I don't believe it is 'full' because you can see the ship has plenty of cabins available. I never get a satisfactory answer....but it doesn't matter when you have a 'way' around the problem.

Send an email to rcldining@rccl.com.

Thanks for the email tip. I booked our Aug. 2015 Oasis sailing in July 2014 and even then, the early dining seating was unavailable. Red flags were raised then and I didn't use a TA..

Well, for Oasis, it was scheduled to have Dynamic Dining by July, that's why for a time, no one could make early/late dining selections, everyone had Dynamic Dining. Once DD was scrapped, everyone was moved to MTD unless they called to request otherwise.