Yokohama B2B timing

shepp

Long shot, but here goes....

We'll be doing a B2B in July that's scheduled to get into Yokohama at 6:00 am and leave 12 hours later. I'd love to schedule something for that day, so does anyone who's been there have any idea how early I'd probably be able to disembark? Since I'm Elite, will I be able to join the self-disembarkers, or will I have to wait till everybody but the B2Bers are off the ship?

We did a b2b with a different Japanese port. There weren't any restrictions as to when we able to disembark - we just HAD to disembark. In Japan the ship has to 'zero out' just like in US ports. As soon as the ship has been cleared by officials you can go ashore. I don't remember if we had a take our passports, but don't worry, the ship will make the procedures abundantly clear before you arrive in Yokohama.

Thanks. I'm guessing that means I should be off the ship by 8:00 if things go well. Just wondering now because I'm thinking about arranging pre-cruise to be met for a tour when I go ashore and timing would be important.

Yokohama is one of our favorite ports. (see attached photo) We were welcomed by a Japanese Choir singing...one that included "Somewhere over the Rainbow". On our sail-a-way, Taiko Drummers performed while hundreds of Yokohama locals waved various international flags.

Inside the cruise port, there were numerous volunteers that provided detailed information on shopping, tourist attractions, transportation, trains, and maps. One table provided free miniature souvenir Kimonos. Another allowed you to wear actual kimonos for free photos. They were one of the kindest, most helpful locals (locals from Saguenay, Canada is another port that comes to mind), that we have ever met.

Outside the cruise port, there were free shuttles to and from the main train station. Note: Shuttles were provided by the city of Yokohama for cruise passengers. It was available all day.

Yes, you will be allowed to disembark as early as possible. Perhaps with good planning, you may be able to visit quite a few spots in Yokohama and in Tokyo. Happy Sailing.:)

YokohamaCruisePOrt1.jpg.fb4d34e619d9159967acef4d21e15ea7.jpg