question about bringing soda/water

spotter27

so, you can bring 16 or 20 oz plastic bottles of soda (doesn't have to be 12 oz cans)?

All these years and I never realized that, never bothered to bring any on board because I don't drink soda, but this year my kids are coming so am considering it...

You can bring 1 case of soda (20 oz max) and 1 case of water per person. So you could bring 4 cases of each but it must be in your carry on luggage. I use a wheeled smaller suitcase so I do not have to carry it.

From the Carnival website:

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-544510

So, a family of 4 may bring onboard a maximum (total) of 48 bottles or cans of no more than 20 ounces per bottle/can.

Not a case of each per person.

Yes they can be 20oz bottles. While I don't know if it would be an issue, you have to be careful because some of the bottles (like the cases of bottles at Sam's Club or Costco's) are actually 24 oz bottles. They might not let them threw, I can't say for sure never tried it myself.

A regional bottler in my area makes 20 oz bottles in about 15 different sodas for only about 50 cents each. I just pack a whole rolling suitcase full of them for my family of 4. To be honest, we didn't even drink them all, which was nice because we drive and just used them on the way back!

Will be doing the exact same thing in August for us. I had gotten my kids soda cards before, but they almost never used them because it was a hassle to leave the kids area, get a soda, drink it, go back and such.

I always tape a luggage tag on my case of water and drop it off along with my suitcases and it always shows up at the cabin. Bottle of wine I do put in my carry-on

I always tape a luggage tag on my case of water and drop it off along with my suitcases and it always shows up at the cabin. Bottle of wine I do put in my carry-on

its against the rules so dont be surprised if they refuse or take it and keep it until you disembark. its happened

The rules have changed. I use to do the same think...slap a luggage tag on a case of water. It was easy, didn't have to schlep it. Now , in 2013 they told me to take it back to the car and when I tried again in 2014 the porter took it, but I got a note in my cabin that I could pick it up the last morning of the cruise. Now I always use a rolling backpack for water and soda. They like to take the water out and shake it.

I used to do that but the last Carnival cruise we took, out of New Orleans, we had to had carry ALL drinks on. They opened our soda boxes and checked that all the cams were actually soft drinks and then tapped them back.

I just used the search feature and it came up with 489 results just searching "water" in the CCL forums. There needs to be a sticky on water/beverage in carry on. People that have been members here for 10 years still ask.

I have always went by 12 bottles/cans per person and haven't had a problem. Last cruise I bought a roll-a-round just for drinks. I filled it up with water and sodas and they didn't count them. They really don't care so much. They know that if you need more you can bring more on at the next port anyway. They pulled one bottle of water and shook it to check for alcohol. I told the lady what I thought about people smuggling and told her she wouldn't find alcohol in my bag. She immediatly zipped it up and told me to enjoy my cruise.

You are allowed a 12pk per person. When I sail with the wife and 2 kids we bring 2 24pks on board! Hope this helps. If in doubt you can call my vacation planner Alex he is reall friendly and great with things like this! His info is 1-800-819-3902 ext 85753

The rules have changed. I use to do the same think...slap a luggage tag on a case of water. It was easy, didn't have to schlep it. Now , in 2013 they told me to take it back to the car and when I tried again in 2014 the porter took it, but I got a note in my cabin that I could pick it up the last morning of the cruise. Now I always use a rolling backpack for water and soda. They like to take the water out and shake it.

Interesting in May 2014 out of Tampa we had no issue with the 24 pack water being dropped off with the luggage. I guess we will just carry it on :)