Golden Princess MDR Questions

trbarton

The traditional dining room is the Canaletto. I can't remember which one of the other two would do the early early dining.

Thanks I believe you're right it's the Canaletto dinning room' date=' deck 6 aft. When I looked at the deck plan I didn't look all the way to the aft part of the ship. From experience this dinning room is tricky to get to as you go all of the way past the photo galley and take the stairs or take the end elevators to get to the dinning room. I remember that it was funny that only the aft elevators on each end went to deck 6 and people that couldn't use the stairs had to wait a long time for the elevator.

Thanks again for your help!

Tom:)[/color']

Regardless of the ship and dining room names, if the ship has an aft dining room on deck 6, it's always 6pm Traditional dining. The only thing "tricky" about it is that you can't get there from deck 6 mid-ship. The aft elevators and stairs always go down to the Traditional dining room.

Regardless of the ship and dining room names, if the ship has an aft dining room on deck 6, it's always 6pm Traditional dining. The only thing "tricky" about it is that you can't get there from deck 6 mid-ship. The aft elevators and stairs always go down to the Traditional dining room.

The problem with the Canaletto dining room on the Golden is that there is no rest room on that level. If you like to wash your hands before dinner as I do, you have to grab a rest room on deck 7 and carefully walk or ride down to 6 not holding on to the stair rails or pressing an elevator button. OR you can bring some plastic gloves.

Edited by janacin

The problem with the Canaletto dining room on the Golden is that there is no rest room on that level. If you like to wash your hands before dinner as I do, you have to grab a rest room on deck 7 and carefully walk or ride down to 6 not holding on to the stair rails or pressing an elevator button. OR you can bring some plastic gloves.
True. I think it's the same with the Grand. Inconvenient. :( But you can still get to the aft dining room pretty easily.

Rather than look like a plastic michael jackson, I just keep

a cocktail napkin in my pocket, and use that to press the

elevator buttons.

After noticing how few of my co-workers wash after using the

restroom, I now do the same thing at work.

you can press the elevator buttons with your knuckles on the backside of your hand. Yes, I just got off the Golden and watched several men leave the restroom either without even using the lavatory or just running water over their hands. We do MTD and I noticed that restroom outside the MDR on deck 6 had the doors blocked open all the time. On the Golden this time both midship MDR (deck 5 and 6) were MTD only. The only MDR for TD was the one in the aft area.