Steakhouse WINE PROMO !!

Tom-n-Cheryl

Carnival has a great deal - yet we just debarked the Solstice this morning in Seattle and enjoyed two "free" bottles of Grey Goose in our cabin, ready and waiting for us last Friday. Boy, a week sure flies by!! :)

Tom

The 50% off additional bottles of wine has always been there. The first night (and sometimes the second night) you get a complimentary bottle of wine, plus 50% off any additional bottles purchased. We always buy 2 additional bottles, have them open and then re-cork them, and then take them back to our cabins to enjoy later on the cruise.

Well that is nice...Wine on Carnival and fine Vodka on Celebrity!! Thanks for coming back to keep us posted..nice to see you...

Was Vodka an earned perk or package for a certain cabin??

Edited by sjn911
changed "Vine on" to "Wine in..." and no alcohol in sight here...lol

Well that is nice...Wine on Carnival and fine Vodka on Celebrity!! Thanks for coming back to keep us posted..nice to see you...

Was Vodka an earned perk or package for a certain cabin??

Howdy! :)

I believe it's a perk at the level of Royal Suite and higher (Penthouse). Booking those categories also included premium beverage package for all in the cabin, pre-paid tips, $150pp OBC, unlimited high speed (well a couple meg/s anyway) internet, and unlimited specialty dining.

In reality, people staying in those cabins are paying for those perks - but it's nice to have a feel of an all-inclusive trip.

Back in Orlando in under an hour... and BACK to reality !

Tom

The 50% off additional bottles of wine has always been there. The first night (and sometimes the second night) you get a complimentary bottle of wine, plus 50% off any additional bottles purchased. We always buy 2 additional bottles, have them open and then re-cork them, and then take them back to our cabins to enjoy later on the cruise.

why do you have them open them and recork them? You can bring a corkscrew in checked luggage or ask room steward for one so you can open the bottles as you wish???:confused:

Howdy! :)

I believe it's a perk at the level of Royal Suite and higher (Penthouse). Booking those categories also included premium beverage package for all in the cabin, pre-paid tips, $150pp OBC, unlimited high speed (well a couple meg/s anyway) internet, and unlimited specialty dining.

In reality, people staying in those cabins are paying for those perks - but it's nice to have a feel of an all-inclusive trip.

Back in Orlando in under an hour... and BACK to reality !

Tom

Yes that is true when one pays that they have paid for it and nice that they honor it. Thank you for reply.

Just love that specific Vodka...rarely have a drink with this phase of things but oh..when I do; that is heaven.

When my luxury cruising sales friend was earning her way up I got to go on Star Princess with her..the inaugural. Her business partner and best friend had just passed and I had his place:(. It helped having someone not in the business and boy was I lucky. Premium booze for all..back from a massage and she had already ordered a Goose Bloody Mary; lol; you get to point you have to have at least 3 a day to keep going..lol..those travel agent spoil them things.

You are so great to take your employees. I had a great doctor that did that..it was wonderful. What a place. Welcome home..soon you will be off again!!

Edited by sjn911

Is the 50% off any bottle of wine, even the lesser priced wine? We are sailing on the Vista in January and are considering this instead of pre-ordering wine and having it sent to our cabin. Thanks for any information you might provide!

why do you have them open them and recork them? You can bring a corkscrew in checked luggage or ask room steward for one so you can open the bottles as you wish???:confused:

We always bring a corkscrew. But why not have them do it for us?

Is the 50% off any bottle of wine, even the lesser priced wine? We are sailing on the Vista in January and are considering this instead of pre-ordering wine and having it sent to our cabin. Thanks for any information you might provide!

It was 50% off any wine on their wine list. You can find the wine l;ist (with prices) from a number of different postings. And Carnival web site has the wine list (with prices) posted at one time. Don't know if they still do.

We bought 4 bottles at 50% off on the Splendor, Liberty, and the Breeze. Each time they would not give us unopened bottles, but they would open them and recork. We just had them do that and put in the cellar to be had at the MDR the next few nights.

We always bring a corkscrew. But why not have them do it for us?

Carnival once confiscated a corkscrew from us. It was one of the cheap white plastic handle types that come with a fruit/wine basket. Even said Carnival on it. We had mistakenly left it in the end pocket of a carry on piece of luggage and it was picked up in the scanner.

Once onboard we had another basket waiting for us with, you guessed it, the same cheap type of corkscrew!

I find things like that funny. They'll give you a knife you could skin someone with (in the steakhouse), but not let you carry on a Swiss Army Knife because it's, no doubt, equipped with a dozen tools of war... Lol

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

Currently on Freedom. Was able to get two bottles at dinner and four more for MDR. I think it's somewhat of a crap shoot tho. First person said one bottle. Then waiter came and said as many as you want. I exercised a bit too

Much self control and got two bottles for the table that night and four more bottles for MDR. Should got 6 to finish the week out. Will try to post pics later. Won't let me upload full size from the phone. But caymus is still $40 after discount.

Ok I have a question, our cruise will not be leaving the first port (Long Beach/LA) until 6pm:(, but this is a two week Alaskan on the Splendor 2018:hearteyes:. Now will the free bottle of wine be the first night only (the night we leave at 6pm), or will it be the next night? My DW and I will try the steak house at least once (twice if we like it). We usually try and look ahead at the MDR menus to see which night (for us food wise) would be a good night to book the steak house. However in light of hearing they give you a free bottle of wine the first night, I think we should just book it the free wine night!..... winner, winner, chicken dinner! Although i'm sure the free bottle is a cheap bottle, but hey its FREE. Not even sure if the MDR will be open on the first night leaving this late???

• 2 months later...
Ok I have a question, our cruise will not be leaving the first port (Long Beach/LA) until 6pm:(, but this is a two week Alaskan on the Splendor 2018:hearteyes:. Now will the free bottle of wine be the first night only (the night we leave at 6pm), or will it be the next night? My DW and I will try the steak house at least once (twice if we like it). We usually try and look ahead at the MDR menus to see which night (for us food wise) would be a good night to book the steak house. However in light of hearing they give you a free bottle of wine the first night, I think we should just book it the free wine night!..... winner, winner, chicken dinner! Although i'm sure the free bottle is a cheap bottle, but hey its FREE. Not even sure if the MDR will be open on the first night leaving this late???

First off, the free wine is about a $7 bottle retail and about $20 in the wine list. Not worth it. Go for the half off instead even if it's just one bottle. Maybe you'll get lucky and be able to order multiple bottles like I did.

That being said, free wine nights are an incentive for those nights that people don't typically visit the steakhouse so first night is typically on them. I think another might be in the first formal night but that's not a given