Haven't booked yet...would love some advice!

Stephskitz

Hi everyone. My name is Stephanie from Pennsylvania and I am getting married in August of this year and we were thinking of doing a cruise for our honeymoon.

I'm really loving the sound of a 7 day Carnival cruise to the Bahamas on Carnival Pride out of Baltimore but my fiance is leaning towards a Royal Caribbean 5 night Bermuda cruise on Liberty of the Seas out of Cape Liberty.

Neither of us have been on a cruise before and would really love some advice on which to choose. If you have had experience with both cruise lines/ ships, what would you suggest?

Also, are there any free beaches in either destination. Or any other free excursions?

:confused:

Personally I would go with RCCL, the evening Shows, ice rink and quality is better. Now if you are more of a party sort then Carnival.

For the occasion I would book with the RCCL.

Congratulations on your choice & the upcoming wedding. Now that you have picked Grandeur, understand a few more things about cruising:

1. You will be sailing in hurricane season. The cruise might divert for safety.

2. If you will be driving from PA to Baltimore the morning of your cruise, leave as early as possible. You don't want to get stuck in traffic & 95 can be a bear! I have driven from No NJ to Baltimore in slightly under 4 hours & sometimes it has taken me close to 8. Assume the worse & act accordingly. If it's in the budget, go down the night before.

3. Do your research on saving money. It is possible if you plan.

Congratulations on your choice & the upcoming wedding. Now that you have picked Grandeur, understand a few more things about cruising:

1. You will be sailing in hurricane season. The cruise might divert for safety.

2. If you will be driving from PA to Baltimore the morning of your cruise, leave as early as possible. You don't want to get stuck in traffic & 95 can be a bear! I have driven from No NJ to Baltimore in slightly under 4 hours & sometimes it has taken me close to 8. Assume the worse & act accordingly. If it's in the budget, go down the night before.

3. Do your research on saving money. It is possible if you plan.

Thank you so much for the advice!

We are actually going to be taking a bus. My fiancé does not want to leave a car in Baltimore or pay for parking lol.

We just haven't found a bus schedule that works yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are actually going to be taking a bus. My fiancé does not want to leave a car in Baltimore or pay for parking lol.

If I recall, there are one or two places that have shuttles direct to cruise port from PA. I think one goes from Allentown. Post the question on the East Coast Departures board, and you will get some good responses.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If I recall, there are one or two places that have shuttles direct to cruise port from PA. I think one goes from Allentown. Post the question on the East Coast Departures board, and you will get some good responses.

Okay thank you so much!

Hi everyone. My name is Stephanie from Pennsylvania and I am getting married in August of this year and we were thinking of doing a cruise for our honeymoon.

I'm really loving the sound of a 7 day Carnival cruise to the Bahamas on Carnival Pride out of Baltimore but my fiance is leaning towards a Royal Caribbean 5 night Bermuda cruise on Liberty of the Seas out of Cape Liberty.

Neither of us have been on a cruise before and would really love some advice on which to choose. If you have had experience with both cruise lines/ ships, what would you suggest?

Also, are there any free beaches in either destination. Or any other free excursions?

:confused:

Royal Caribbean 5 night Bermuda would be my pick. RC is a great cruise line and I have heard some horror stories on the Carnival ships by reading here about them. This forum is packed with reviews so do some looking and base it on what you find.

Royal Caribbean 5 night Bermuda would be my pick. RC is a great cruise line and I have heard some horror stories on the Carnival ships by reading here about them. This forum is packed with reviews so do some looking and base it on what you find.

Thanks! We are actually doing a Royal Caribbean 6 night Bermuda. I've heard both good things and bad things about Carnival but I have heard mostly positive things about Royal Caribbean so we went with that. If we like cruising then we will probably try Carnival in the future.

Can you get a ride to Harrisburg? You can take an Amtrak train to Baltimore then take a cab to the port. There is a train that leaves at 7:20 a.m. & gets to Baltimore Penn Station around 9:05 am but it's $140 one way for 2 people. Parking in Baltimore is $15 per night or $105 for 7 days.

Edited by trish1c

Can you get a ride to Harrisburg? You can take an Amtrak train to Baltimore then take a cab to the port. There is a train that leaves at 7:20 a.m. & gets to Baltimore Penn Station around 9:05 am but it's $140 one way for 2 people. Parking in Baltimore for a week has to be cheaper.

Parking at the port is $15 per day. I cannot remember if they charge you 6 or 7 days for a 6 night cruise. Parking is in secure lot, and very convenient for when you disembark. There are also several park and cruise hotels - you drive up night before, stay at hotel, and then hotel shuttle drives you to port. You leave your car at hotel while you are gone. After cruise, the hotel shuttle picks you up and takes you back to car.

Thanks! We are actually doing a Royal Caribbean 6 night Bermuda. I've heard both good things and bad things about Carnival but I have heard mostly positive things about Royal Caribbean so we went with that. If we like cruising then we will probably try Carnival in the future.

You picked a great cruise on a really nice ship. Despite being an older ship, Grandeur is a really pretty ship inside and Royal Caribbean does a fantastic job keeping their ships sparkling. You're going to have a great time.

As for the Carnival ref, in my experience, you really need to pick and choose with them. Contrary to RCI who is pretty much great across the board, CCL has some really ugly ships that look as though they should have been turned into razor blades a long time ago. I happen to love the CCL Spirit Class ships, but Pride is my least favorite of that class. Take one step inside and you'll think someone slipped LSD into your mojito. ;)