Bathroom amenities

caribsun

Can't be a "cutback" when Carnival never paid for them. Samples were provided to Carnival for free by manufacturers (I beleive even Carnival may have received a payment) in return for putting these samples in staterooms in hopes you would try it and then go home and buy it.

There wasn't even soap and shampoo or are you talking other things? On the Elation in December we had soap and shampoo and that was it but that's all I was expecting. If they don't have those things, I don't mind as they are never any good (even at the nicest hotels, I hate their shampoos). I will just bring my own, as I usually do.

Hi Caribsun :)

During my last Carnival sailing aboard the Splendor the amenities shell in the bathroom was practically empty.

However, I simply asked our stateroom steward if he had any other items he could place into our amenities basket.

An hour or so later he added advil, toothpaste, razors, cough-drops and breathe right strips to the amenities shell.

It never hurts to ask..

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Yes I had soap both liquid and bar plus shampoo. I'm not angry or disappointed not receiving the free samples. Just asking a simple question. I thought my smiley face would convey that I'm in a happy mood and not anger. :)

A smiley face behind the question "Further cutbacks?" doesn't quite offset the perceived intention of raising the issue.

I had the same impression with the "cutback" word;)

This subject of no samples and why has been discussed before anyway. But, then again, so has the "what time can I board?" etc

On the Breeze 1/25 we had none. Not even the dish. AND the shampoo pump thingy inside the shower was awful. I pumped and pumped and couldn't get shampoo. After 20 or so pumps I started counting. I got to 100 pumps and barely had enough shampoo to fill a bottle cap. That was the first night. I mentioned it to cabin steward and by the day we left the ship it had not been fixed.

Edited by Boozebabe

I love how the OP isn't angry and it doesn't come across that way at all. And yet people are literally angry at her for asking it while assuming she was angry. LOL.

To answer what an unbiased (not cheerleader or hater) reader would obviously consider a neutral question, on the Dream this fall we only had a breath right strip and maybe a mini floss? It was the strip plus 1 more thing. There were 3 adults in one room though so we had more than enough bathroom supplies to go around.

Samples are provided by outside sources...Carnival doesn't pay for them. Your "anger" might be better directed at the companies who once supplied them. And Carnival does cover shampoo and body wash. Other than toothpaste and a toothbrush what more does someone actually "need"?

DEODORANT:eek:!

We didn't have any on our Liberty cruise. Just the soap and shampoo in the shower.

We also had to ask for the Room Service Breakfast door hanger, which was quickly delivered.

We also had to ask for ice. When we needed it.

Our room steward was great. Greeted us by name when we saw him.

We had booked an interior for the first time so I though maybe that was why.

We usually book Balcony.:p

We didn't have any on our Liberty cruise. Just the soap and shampoo in the shower.

We also had to ask for the Room Service Breakfast door hanger, which was quickly delivered.

We also had to ask for ice. When we needed it.

Our room steward was great. Greeted us by name when we saw him.

We had booked an interior for the first time so I though maybe that was why.

We usually book Balcony.:p

It is now policy (for the last year or so) that if you would like ice, you must ask for it. Otherwise, it will not be given.

We've had interior cabins before and have had great service, I don't think that matters.

I've never had to ask for the RS Breakfast door hanger though. Going on Liberty next month, will find out if we will have one.

It is now policy (for the last year or so) that if you would like ice, you must ask for it. Otherwise, it will not be given.

We've had interior cabins before and have had great service, I don't think that matters.

I've never had to ask for the RS Breakfast door hanger though. Going on Liberty next month, will find out if we will have one.

That is the first thing we tell our steward when we meet. Please keep our ice bucket full. Usually there is no problem.

I didn't see anything wrong with your post... understood you were simply asking a question. Seems like "another cutback' was also a question. Anyway we were on the Sunshine a few weeks ago and had nothing. No big deal but have to admit I was surprised there was nothing at all.