Valor Dry Dock

cherbear4000

Can anyone tell me when the Valor is scheduled for a dry dock? I noticed it does not have a Guy's Burgers currently. I am assuming it will get the 2.0 upgrades at the next dry dock. Also, can anyone anyone tell me what other upgrades are usually done at dry dock? Do they replace the carpets? Will they put in the Water Works, etc?

We are looking between the Sunshine and Valor. I was not a big fan of the Sunshine, but will not cruise the Valor unless they have the 2.0 upgrades.

Thanks!

it is not currently scheduled, though based on the last one in 2011 it should not be too far out at this point.

drydock 'packages' tend to vary, but i'd expect it to receive a number of the 2.0 upgrades it does not currently have... i assume it will get treatment similar to what freedom, another conquest class ship, got in its 2014 drydock:

Renovations completed during dry-dock: 4/19/14-5/03/14

· Fun 2.0 Features added:

§ RedFrog Rum Bar

§ Blue Iguana Tequila Bar

§ Alchemy Bar

§ EA Sports Bar

§ Guy’s Burger Joint

§ Blue Iguana Cantina

§ Cherry on Top

§ Hasbro, The Game Show (completed 6/08/14)

§ RedFrog Pub

§ Playlist Productions

§ Carnival’s Seuss at Sea Program including Dr. Seuss Bookville (completed 5/24/14)

§ Camp Carnival renovated and renamed ‘Camp Ocean’ (completed 5/24/14)

§ RedFrog Pub (completed 5/24/14)

· Routine hotel maintenance

Addition of 2 new Captain’s Suites and 6 new Scenic Ocean View staterooms on Deck 9 forward.

· Cosmetic enhancements, updates and upgrades such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work, lighting in lounges and public areas

§ Video Arcade upgraded and renamed ‘The Warehouse’

§ Pool Area

§ Nightclub

§ Gym and Spa

§ Club O2 (moved to deck 4 and replaced the conference room)

Not likely anytime soon. The last update from Carnival/John Heald is:

"The Carnival Valor is not scheduled for a drydock prior to the deployment shift to Port Canaveral in March. It will eventually go into drydock at a later point in time but those plans are not fully finalized at this time."

It is believed that it will be drydocked sometime after the current posted itineraries through April 2016 and the drydocking will be configured into the April 2016 and beyond itineraries when it is released later this year versus the hassle of cancelling already scheduled and booked cruises.

As far as what happens during drydock, it can vary from new silverware to new azipods. Sometimes it's the 2.0 upgrades. It could also be things like flooring, upgraded televisions, changing decor, and usually a lot of behind the scenes things like upgrades to equipment and the ship itself. For example, during the Pride drydock, the David statue got a cover-up for what used to be his bare cannoli.

Edited by ZJ13820

The reviews on the Valor only have been all good and the Sunshine some good some not good....I would suggest to GO on the Valor because she doesn't have the 2.0 would be crazy not going on her...she remains to have punch liners and the breakfast there...so she doesn't have the two extra bars you can go to any bar and order any of those drinks and she doesn't have Guys burgers consider it saving your arteries from clogging.

How many guys burgers would you possibly eat, that certainly shouldn't make you not want to go on the Valor and there are enough bars on the Valor...she also has the fish and chips and mongolian.

I also was deciding Valor and Sunshine, after reading the past few months reviews I opened my eyes and saw reality that the Valor is the better pick.

Edited by lyndamr

The scenery's very nice too -on that Southern Caribbean route.

Cutie-13.jpg

The reviews on the Valor only have been all good and the Sunshine some good some not good....

I would suggest to GO on the Valor

-because she doesn't have the 2.0 would be crazy not going on her...she remains to have punch liners and the breakfast there...

so she doesn't have the two extra bars you can go to any bar and order any of those drinks

and she doesn't have Guys burgers -consider it saving your arteries from clogging.

How many guys burgers would you possibly eat,

that certainly shouldn't make you not want to go on the Valor and there are enough bars on the Valor

...she also has the fish and chips -and Mongolian Wok.

I also was deciding Valor and Sunshine, after reading the past few months reviews

I opened my eyes and saw reality that the Valor is the better pick.

It's quite silly what a Big Deal people make of the 2.0 upgrades.

It's all bells and whistles folks! The Latest bells and whistles!

Edited by Aplmac

There's NO WAY I'd sail on that pig with lipstick (aka the Sunshine). I get it, it's not the same ship it used to be, but come on....it's still old guts, and the ship is small for an 8 night trip!! I'm sure she's pretty now, but I can't get over the small size. We are sailing on the Valor. We want those ports and we want the larger more spread out size that the Valor has. The Valor still has tablecloths where the Liberty got casual'd down. The Valor has the Wok. The Liberty does not. So there are some perks on Valor that Liberty doesn't have. And 2011 wasn't all that long ago! TV's were changed back then and so was all the carpeting. Can't wait until April!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by t1adams

There's NO WAY I'd sail on that pig with lipstick (aka the Sunshine). I get it, it's not the same ship it used to be, but come on....it's still old guts, and the ship is small for an 8 night trip!! I'm sure she's pretty now, but I can't get over the small size. We are sailing on the Valor. We want those ports and we want the larger more spread out size that the Valor has. The Valor still has tablecloths where the Liberty got casual'd down. The Valor has the Wok. The Liberty does not. So there are some perks on Valor that Liberty doesn't have. And 2011 wasn't all that long ago! TV's were changed back then and so was all the carpeting. Can't wait until April!!!

The Liberty still has table cloths, it is the Glory that does not. We prefer Pt Canaveral since it is so close to us so we will be giving the Valor a try. The Sunshine always costs more and with all the mixed reviews I am just not willing to pay more for what could be a not to pleasant cruise.

There's NO WAY I'd sail on that pig with lipstick (aka the Sunshine). I get it, it's not the same ship it used to be, but come on....it's still old guts, and the ship is small for an 8 night trip!! I'm sure she's pretty now, but I can't get over the small size.

in terms of size, destiny is the platform that further destiny class (or triumph if you wanna go there), conquest, splendor and dream classes are all based upon.

the primary difference between destiny and triumph is more passenger cabins (with no real additional public spaces)... and the difference between destiny 2.0 / triumph and conquest is pretty much even more cabins (the length was increased) and a very few additional public areas, like fish & chips, and certain specific tweaks (at the time) to layout, such as at the buffet - many of which have been erased given the transformation. woo woo.

HOWEVER, i will say that given what they did to destiny - they put too many new cabins on that ship. it's not a matter of size, though. it's not a matter of size, but how they work it...

• 2 months later...

I know I'm late to the party but I see an article posted on April 14,2015 that it's says the Valor will be dry docked March of 2016 for the 2.0 upgrades. http://carnival-news.com/2015/04/14/building-upon-leadership-position-in-port-canaveral-carnival-to-expand-capacity-on-short-cruises-by-34-percent-and-offer-newest-class-of-ship-on-week-long-voyages-from-space-coast/

But when I look at Valor's schedule for March there are no gaps in it's itinerary so I'm confused.

Not sure if this helps anyone just wanted to pass the info along.

I know I'm late to the party but I see an article posted on April 14,2015 that it's says the Valor will be dry docked March of 2016 for the 2.0 upgrades. http://carnival-news.com/2015/04/14/building-upon-leadership-position-in-port-canaveral-carnival-to-expand-capacity-on-short-cruises-by-34-percent-and-offer-newest-class-of-ship-on-week-long-voyages-from-space-coast/

But when I look at Valor's schedule for March there are no gaps in it's itinerary so I'm confused.

That somewhat relates to my question. We've been looking at the Valor for June 2016. If they dry dock in March, how will that affect the sailings it's already scheduled for?

That somewhat relates to my question. We've been looking at the Valor for June 2016. If they dry dock in March, how will that affect the sailings it's already scheduled for?

Dry dock is typically only two weeks. A June sailing would be uneffected by a March DD.

If you haven't sailed the Sunshine you have no right to call it a pig with lipstick or any other name. If you want your opinion to matter to anyone, get your butt on board and then tell others what you think.

Now I really have to worry if our cruise on the valor will be the last before dry dock, the first after dry dock, or will it get cancelled (cruising mid-March)???? :eek:

Edited by Out to sea!

Valor has been scheduled TWO other times for Dry Dock for 2.0 upgrades. Obviously, neither have happened.

So I wouldn't worry. I'd book what I want.

A side note, I had to decide between Sunshine and Valor. I was leaning towards Sunshine since it had fun things for my son, but it was ranked last in Carnival ships by everyone here, yet Valor was ranked #2. Hence, I booked for Valor and go in June!

Another side note... I know others have booked far ahead and then the ships did change. (I recall somebody mentioning they booked Liberty but then boat changed to Valor??). My concern - if it changes to a ship you don't want, can you change your cruise? I mean, I would assume so, but as they say, never assume....

Because we booked so late we had to book the Valor instead of the Sunshine. I would rather sail on the Sunshine. We have sailed on two other Conquest class ships. Liked the Freedom. Didn’t care too much for the Liberty.

I really like Guys burgers. However I can live without them. It does not always get added with 2.0 upgrades.

The Sunshine has a much better water park that the one slide on Conquest class ships. Fantasy class ships with water works have a better water park than conquest class ships.

All ships have enough bars so that doesn’t change anything either way.

It’s a cruise so we are going to enjoy it.

We are looking forward to the Magic and Victory moving to Port Canaveral were we sail out of most of the time.

Valor has been scheduled TWO other times for Dry Dock for 2.0 upgrades. Obviously, neither have happened.

So I wouldn't worry. I'd book what I want.

A side note, I had to decide between Sunshine and Valor. I was leaning towards Sunshine since it had fun things for my son, but it was ranked last in Carnival ships by everyone here, yet Valor was ranked #2. Hence, I booked for Valor and go in June!

Another side note... I know others have booked far ahead and then the ships did change. (I recall somebody mentioning they booked Liberty but then boat changed to Valor??). My concern - if it changes to a ship you don't want, can you change your cruise? I mean, I would assume so, but as they say, never assume....

If I remember correctly, yes, when the Valor/Liberty swap took place people were given the option of changing/cancelling their cruise with no penalty.

Just booked the Valor for the July 4th holiday 2016. I was a bit bummed that it didn't have the 2.0 upgrades (Alchemy Bar was our favorite place on the Sunshine) Then read that she will be going in for Dry Dock in March 2016. WHOO HOO, I hope they stay with this schedule :D:D. I'm not sure if there's any reason for reading the reviews of the Valor now if much of the ship will be revamped.:confused:

We were booked for a different ship and they changed to the valor because the other will be on dry dock. We booked for the itenerary and time not the ship itself so we didn't change but were given the option. Only downside for us was we had 5 cabins in a row before then the valor cabin layout was different so we were no longer next to each other. Ended up working in our favor because we changed rates and are now letting them pick the cabin. Saved each cabin at least $150. Had we still been in a row we probably wouldn't have done the rate switch.