preparing for larger ship... tips for dream

I have sailed the fantasy, the fascination and the Legend. Didn't see a huge difference in the legend and the fantasy class other than it had an extra pool and basketball court, which was nice.

I hear that the dream is larger. Not sure how I will like it....

Any tips on what to expect from a larger ship?

is it REALLY that much bigger????

I have sailed the fantasy, the fascination and the Legend. Didn't see a huge difference in the legend and the fantasy class other than it had an extra pool and basketball court, which was nice.

It shouldn't feel too much different. There are more things on it, like a full 18 hole mini golf course and the outside area on deck 5. Everything will pretty much just be a bit bigger than its counterpart on the smaller ships. The Dream is an awesome ship.

The Dream will have more things to do and more entertainment options. We love the lanai that allows you walk walk around the ship outdoors on deck 5. The biggest difference we see is how often we use elevators, the never use them on Fantasy class ships but use them all day long on the Dream.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Cloud 9 spa has thermal suites that are absolutely amazing! You can purchase a week pass or daily passes from the spa. It's worth the money! The two story adults only Serenity deck is also very nice! We loved the hammocks when we could get one! Also, we enjoyed walking the Lanai. There are also hot tubs on the Lanai. The Dream has an Indian food buffet in the Aft on the lido deck across from the deli. It was delicious! Enjoy! We LOVE the Dream!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I liked the bigger ship. I felt the Liberty was more crowded. Deck 5 on the Dream was wonderful being able to walk all the way around the ship. I missed that on the liberty. Also, lido just felt roomier. I also missed having a cove balcony. Other than that everything just looks pretty much the same.

Edited by kona_wahine

Yes, Dream is REALLY that much bigger.

The layout of the Dream class is different from the layouts on the other ships you have sailed. One noticeable difference is that we could not walk all the way from forward to aft to the main dining rooms on Decks 3 or 4. We had to walk partway then either go up to Deck 5 or down to Deck 2 then go back. Not a big deal as long as we remembered to do that.

Serenity on Dream is forward, while it's the entire aft pool deck on Legend. There is also no adult pool on Dream.

Go enjoy yourself. Heck, you'll be on a cruise ship!

Be prepared to see 1600 more people on the Dream class. Contrary to what some think, the public areas get crowded on sea days. There are two buffets on the Lido Deck. The further back one is less crowded. Most people stop at the first one.

Yes it is more like a city on water. You will love it here are many things to do.

You will have more options like the Spa, more adult areas. I think there are more eating places too.

Yes it is bigger with more of a crowd.

We loved it. Enjoy...

We have sailed on the Fascination and the Dream. There is definitely a difference, and the Dream does feel bigger and there are more options. The Lanai is a really nice feature. While I prefer the Fantasy class, the rest of my family loves the Dream class.

We were on the Dream and absolutely loved it! There's so much to do on the ship. Yes, there are more people, but then again, the ship is bigger to accommodate them too. Go and have a blast! (I have a complete review listed in my signature that has tons of pictures of the Dream if you are interested). :)