Book now, later, not at all?

Auriemma

Hi all. My wife and I are planning an RCCL cruise (our 7th cruise, 4th RCCL) to Bermuda/PR/St.Thomas/St.Maarten in Oct/Nov on Liberty of the Seas out of NJ. She wants to book a Superior Ocean View Stateroom (deck 8) this weekend, but I keep reading that this sale isn't really a sale.

- Should we book?

- Should we wait?

- Should we skip it all together?

We really like this cruise because we have never been to Bermuda, and its out of NJ (no plane flights needed).

My other concern is 4 days at sea... 1 before Bermuda and 3 on the way home. We agree we need down time, but can the Liberty keep me occupied for 4 days?

Thanks in advance!

You're right, the sale is not really a sale. Instead of having discounted fares for each person you get a larger discount for one person and a full fare for the other. The price usually works out to be about the same. But if you think it is a good price then don't wait to book it. It could always go up and you will be kicking yourself for not booking. If the price drops (for the same category cabin) then you can contact Royal or your TA to get a refund as long as it is before final payment is made.

There's never really any reason not to book if you are far out from final payment. You can always cancel and get all your money back before that final payment date. If it goes down prior to final payment you can get that new, lower price. So I never see any disadvantage to booking a cruise months in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the Explorer was going out of Cape Liberty they had 7 day cruises to Bermuda only. We did the Halloween one in 2013 and the cost was far less than half of what we're paying for our 10 day 4 port Halloween cruise on the Liberty this year. But not having to fly to Florida is a big plus for us and except for PR, we like all the ports.

I don't know of any plans for the Liberty to do 7 day Bermuda cruises like the Explorer did. Have you checked with NCL or Carnival out of NY?.

I love sea days, especially the transatlantic type, so I'm probably not the one to ask about getting bored on 3 sea days:D

There's never really any reason not to book if you are far out from final payment. You can always cancel and get all your money back before that final payment date. If it goes down prior to final payment you can get that new, lower price. So I never see any disadvantage to booking a cruise months in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agree 100 percent you can always get your money back , this way you know you got the room you want

They should have some good lectures on the sea days. I also saw several dance classes on our recent Grandeur. Unfortunately, they're phasing out their libraries, so bring your own reading material.

Sometimes, they'll honor price drops, and sometimes they'll say "new bookings only." On Celebrity, I tried to upgrade for $200 more to a suite, and they refused saying they were for new bookings only.

Booking early gives you more cabin choice. Sometimes prices go down, sometimes they go up. It's hard to predict.

OR, you can wait until the new bookings come out and get your choice of cabin for 2016-2017.

No plane ride is definitely a major plus!

Edited by knittinggirl

Hi all. My wife and I are planning an RCCL cruise (our 7th cruise, 4th RCCL) to Bermuda/PR/St.Thomas/St.Maarten in Oct/Nov on Liberty of the Seas out of NJ. She wants to book a Superior Ocean View Stateroom (deck 8) this weekend, but I keep reading that this sale isn't really a sale.

We really like this cruise because we have never been to Bermuda, and its out of NJ (no plane flights needed).

Thanks in advance!

What is the focus of the cruise? You specifically mentioned that you had not been to Bermuda. IF Bermuda is the place you really want to go to, you will barely have 8 hours there. That's not much time to do anything, it will only give you a short time to experience Bermuda and there's lots to do there.

The Grandeur sails out of Baltimore on 6 or 7 day cruises just to Bermuda.

If you are looking forward to the other ports as well and enjoy being in a different place everyday, ignore everything I posted.:D

What is the focus of the cruise? You specifically mentioned that you had not been to Bermuda. IF Bermuda is the place you really want to go to, you will barely have 8 hours there. That's not much time to do anything, it will only give you a short time to experience Bermuda and there's lots to do there.

The Grandeur sails out of Baltimore on 6 or 7 day cruises just to Bermuda.

If you are looking forward to the other ports as well and enjoy being in a different place everyday, ignore everything I posted.:D

Good point, I forgot about Baltimore. We might have to start looking there if Cape Liberty doesn't sail anything but the Anthem.

- Should we book?

- Should we wait?

- Should we skip it all together?

My other concern is 4 days at sea... 1 before Bermuda and 3 on the way home. We agree we need down time, but can the Liberty keep me occupied for 4 days?

Thanks in advance!

I don't plan on booking again till the prices get better, I would really like to book another cruise but not at these prices.

Thanks in advance!

I would be happy to just stay on the ship and sail if I am at Sea I am Happy.