Making Use of Cruiseships to Assist.......

sail7seas

Frankly, I haven't been able to do enough. :(

The Reunion Arena here in Dallas is now full, and we're shifting to other sites in the Dallas area for shelter them. This is becoming more and more of a logistics nightmare.

At the Church we're using our BBQ pit for cooking 150 turkeys for use in making sandwich meat for the relief shelters. I was at the Big Town Mall site, where we've begun receiving buses, this morning and had difficulty getting enough volunteers to cook and serve food ... thankfully several clergy and area church officials arrived about 30 minutes before lunch to help ... it was the first time in my life I saw a Bishop with an apron on, serving beans. How appropriate ... Bishops are good at giving us all gas. :D

to keep your sense of humor under such appalling conditions - helps u cope no doubt..Am doing my bit, so to speak, monetarily but wish I cld do more. Bless u & I am praying for all....!

Kudos to Carnival for stepping up and fairly quickly I might add. Though I feel for the folks who are being cancelled, I think most of them will be understanding.

The article I read also said the crew will remain with the ships which means cooks, room stewards and all will be assisting the infirmed passengers, the relief personnel, etc. I think all in all it will be a wonderful assist.

RevNeal I love your gassy sense of humor. :D God bless the Gulf Coast refugees and all the volunteers and give, give, give.

Bless you, Rev. Neal, and all those wonderful folks working alongside you. Watching TV these past days has been absolutely heartwrenching; it makes one feel so helpless, yet so blessed not to find themselves in that situation. There but for the grace of God . . . We feel so fortunate to be in a position to send a generous donation to the Salvation Army and will continue to do so on a monthly basis, as the need will be there for a long, long time. Hopefully, the natural tendency to put this catastrophy on the back burner once the media hype dies down will not come to pass and we Americans will be there for our fellow countrymen and women, as we have always been for others.

And hats off to your Bishop for stepping up to the plate.;)

flapr posted this yesterday:

icon1.gifTemporary Shelters

Ships To Provide Shelter

September 3: Carnival announced today that ECSTASY, SENSATION and HOLIDAY will be put into service for six months to provide relief for those made homeless by Hurricane Katrina, the worst natural disaster in U.S. history. Initial plans are for ECSTASY and SENSATION to be docked in Galveston while HOLIDAY will remain at Mobile. Additionally, the car-ferry SCOTIA PRINCE has been added to the line up.

Source: maritimematters.com

Archived