BBQ at Princess Cay?

michelle028

OP I think you should try it and see for yourself. While my experience was the same as others with cold dried out food, and flies (flies are to be expected at the beach) you really won't know until you experience it for your self. I would also recommend bringing water shoes as the ocean floor is rocky. My wife cut herself on a piece of coral when she fell off of the raft. She was pretty far out in the water. Living on an island all year in the northeast I get to experience the beach during the different seasons. I realize that many live in land locked locations so going to the beach in the Caribbean is a big deal and shouldn't be missed. Personally I wouldn't book a Princess cruise that stops at Princess Cay as one of 3 port of call itinerary. For me it's a another sea day as I don't want to tender just to go to a mediocre beach.

The only BBQ on Princess Cays is ribs, which are sometimes good, sometimes mediocre.

However, the burgers are usually decent, and there are some other items like corn on the cob and fruits. This is island beach fare, you can't expect it to be of the level of onboard a Princess ship!

I could live with this if it wasn't such a pain in the a$$ to tender back and forth. If I have to get onto a tender it better be going to a place worth visiting.