Glory food video with new menu food

seashinesunshine

There is so much talk on here about food, esp since the new menus came out. When we were on our b2B Glory cruise Jan 3rd and Jan 10th 2015 we made an effort to take a lot of food pictures to share. Here is a link to the video we made. 10 minutes of food, 2 minutes of towel animals.

Yes, we are geeks for taking food pictures, its ok, we know that. :D Some look like repeats since we were using a few different cameras and we stayed on 2 weeks. It sure was nice the second week to know what was good and what was great! BTW, the short ribs~ WONDERFUL!!!

The towel animals are just so cute! One day, my husband got up early and walked around and came across an entire zoo full of towel animals all around the pool.

Happy Cruising!

Edited by seashinesunshine

Beautiful work and photos thank you.

I do have to admit, the only piece of meat for dinner that looked decent was that one steak appeared to look like a NY strip, the fried chicken, meatloaf, short ribs did't look like anything we would eat how did it taste? The presentation is very well done considering they are serving thousands of people at the same time. Desserts always looked great in fact we found them to be the best over RC desserts.

I noticed one photo had the macaroni and cheese and a side order of bacon did you ask for the bacon on the side?

Unfortunately I have to be both gluten and dairy free so it appears there isn't much at all for me to eat in the MDR ugh!

The portions may look small to many, but that is just enough for us as we eat that much for dinner.

I thought the tables looked very nicely varnished and I can understand not having the table cloths.

Guys burgers photos got my tummy rumbling I can't even imagine eating that, the fries looked so greasy and the burger ugh...1800 calories and high fat for sure, perhaps that is why people think they tasty, for me, my intestines would twist inside out. lol

Beautiful work and photos thank you.

I do have to admit, the only piece of meat for dinner that looked decent was that one steak appeared to look like a NY strip, the fried chicken, meatloaf, short ribs did't look like anything we would eat how did it taste? The presentation is very well done considering they are serving thousands of people at the same time. Desserts always looked great in fact we found them to be the best over RC desserts.

I noticed one photo had the macaroni and cheese and a side order of bacon did you ask for the bacon on the side?

Unfortunately I have to be both gluten and dairy free so it appears there isn't much at all for me to eat in the MDR ugh!

The portions may look small to many, but that is just enough for us as we eat that much for dinner.

I thought the tables looked very nicely varnished and I can understand not having the table cloths.

Guys burgers photos got my tummy rumbling I can't even imagine eating that, the fries looked so greasy and the burger ugh...1800 calories and high fat for sure, perhaps that is why people think they tasty, for me, my intestines would twist inside out. lol

The short ribs were amazing! They were boneless and just fell apart when the fork touched them. The filet Mingnon (spelled wrong i'm sure ) was really good. The fried chicken was good, but along the KFC lines, nothing special. I didn't have the meatloaf.

The mac n cheese with the bacon on the side was from the sea day brunch. It still had bacon in it, but I had ordered bacon on the side. The mac n cheese was pretty inconsistent as to how much bacon it had. Some had a lot, some not so much some was mixed in, some was just on top. My kids (age 17 and 19) still drool when they talk about it, they loved it.

Being Gluten and Diary free you should find something every night. There are a lot of choices and there are seafood as well as steaks etc. The veggies were always really good and crisp, not overdone. Make sure you tell your server and they will help you. I don't have a food allergy, but do have some sensitivities and when they brought me something I couldn't eat, my waiter was very quick to change it and checked with me after that every night to make sure I could eat it. We had an awesome waiter our second week.

The portions do look, small but we were stuffed every night. Sometimes the guys asked for and got two entrees.

The Guys burgers are SO good, yes big and greasy and I don't want to know the calorie count, :D But I did skip the fries, I just asked for none, way too much food for me. and the fries were not always as fresh and hot as I would like them.

Boneless short ribs oh yeah lol.

Thank you for explaining the bacon on the side with the mac and cheese, we loved the punch liners breakfast. ;)

Yes, I always find something, beef, vegetables, rice and potato.

Carnival is great with diet restrictions and my waiter always watches out for what I can and can't have, but I sure wished they made another type of dessert it was always the chocolate melting cake gluten free each night, would be nice even to have something else, but it goes with the territory.

hahaha laughing here glad you skipped Guys burger fries, as for having burger or two its a cruise vacation so why not its not that you have them all the time, but for me, my insides be wanting to rip out. lol My sister just loves burgers that the grease runs down her arm lol.

Thanks for answering and so glad you had a great cruise.

Thank you for explaining the bacon on the side with the mac and cheese, we loved the punch liners breakfast. ;)

Yes, I always find something, beef, vegetables, rice and potato.

Carnival is great with diet restrictions and my waiter always watches out for what I can and can't have, but I sure wished they made another type of dessert it was always the chocolate melting cake gluten free each night, would be nice even to have something else, but it goes with the territory.

hahaha laughing here glad you skipped Guys burger fries, as for having burger or two its a cruise vacation so why not its not that you have them all the time, but for me, my insides be wanting to rip out. lol My sister just loves burgers that the grease runs down her arm lol.

I think there is always a fruit plate for dessert. That is another option. :) I can't have watermelon so the fruit plate is out for me. Even if my fruit touches watermelon I regret it. Otherwise it looked great!

Have Fun on Your Cruise!

Okay I have to interject. Your sister reminds me of a good friend of mine whose father recently passed at the age of 82. We all knew him as Rick, we never called him by his last name. Rick also became a friend of mine as the years passed.

One year on his birthday his son, my good friend, asked him "Pop what do want to do this year for your birthday?"

His response was, "Son It has been so long since we have been out in the boat I don't care if we just leave it in the driveway and climb on board even if she is on the trailer. Then I want to open a bottle of bourbon and have one of those hamburgers that the grease runs down your arms."

Thanks for reminding of a great man who was also my friend.

It all looks good to me. Your photos look like they came out of a food magazine. I agree the short ribs are great and the sea day brunch has become a must do for us.

I can pretty much eat anything and my blood pressure, cholesterol and waist all show it.

Thanks for posting.

It all looks good to me. Your photos look like they came out of a food magazine. I agree the short ribs are great and the sea day brunch has become a must do for us.

I can pretty much eat anything and my blood pressure, cholesterol and waist all show it.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks, my husband is a professional photographer, I am pretty proud of his abilities, of course, he says his are the good one, some of the pics are mine. ;) But when you have such a great subject to shoot, its so much more fun!

Thanks for sharing. Going on the Glory in April.... I was going to ask what kind of camera you use, but if your DH is a professional photographer, its a mute point. LOL

Was there suppose to be a link to the first and 2nd cruise of your B2B? I think they were the same..........just don't want to miss it if there is another one :D

Thanks for sharing. Going on the Glory in April.... I was going to ask what kind of camera you use, but if your DH is a professional photographer, its a mute point. LOL

Was there suppose to be a link to the first and 2nd cruise of your B2B? I think they were the same..........just don't want to miss it if there is another one :D

We had 11 cameras with us. My hunny used mostly the Canon 6d and the canon m for these, those are the cameras he carried around the ship. I use a Panasonic FZ70. Everyone here is telling me they can tell which ones are his cuz his are so much better. Oh Well. :D My food ones are the ones that start after the one of the 4 kids sitting at the table in the Guys Burgers area.

I did put the link to the other 2 videos I made but I will put them here again one is from

week one Jan 3rd

then the second week is Jan 10th

I am planning to make a video of our actual video clips too, but that will take longer to edit. I will post on CC when it's done. I love watching other peoples cruise videos.