Pearl Deluxe Owner's Suite H2, any questions?

Also stayed in this suite for Alaska last year and loved it. Can't beat the views and having your own hot tub. Just have to be sure to remember that at night with the lights on in the suite and the curtains open, the folks walking on the pool deck or walking track can see you!

We stayed in the Pearl DOS, H2, Deluxe Owner's Suite, 15000. It is similar to the Gem but not the Jade. This was for 11 days in Dec 2014, it was AMAZING. If you have any questions about this Suite, quote this post and I should be notified and will gladly answer your questions.

Robert

We'll be in 15500 in late March (and immensely excited). Technical question here - I understand these rooms have a Bose music system of some sort - do you know what the input(s) is? Stereo mini phono plug, iPod dock, USB?

May seem trivial but I need my music!

We'll be in 15500 in late March (and immensely excited). Technical question here - I understand these rooms have a Bose music system of some sort - do you know what the input(s) is? Stereo mini phono plug, iPod dock, USB?

May seem trivial but I need my music!

You have a Bose system with two zones and two remotes, one for inside and one for outside. There will be an auxiliary hookup that goes to the earbud jack of your iPod. There is also a book with about 50 CD's, we brought about 50 of our own too. You have to crank the (outside) music up to hear over the loud motor of the hot tub, yeah life's a bitch. Just be aware of the band times, we through them off a couple of times with the loud music, we learned to turn it down a half hour before they started until they finished. There is no USB port, what they have works fine with any iPod/pad/phone. If your on the Pearl, hope to end up with Maxi as your butler, he is the best and we had him twice. Any more questions, shoot. The lighting and electric curtains are also pretty neat.

Robert

Thanks for the great and specific info! I'm sure we'll come up with more questions in the coming days. We were in an H4 on Jade two years ago (Venice to Greek Isles) and loved it - can't imagine a cruise without the Haven now.

Edited by Madmariner7

As you worded it, we only need our iPod....a cord is already permanently attached to the Bose system?

I just want to make sure we don't need to bring any cords with us.

I'd bring a stereo mini phono cord just in case. Won't take much room! :)

I'd bring a stereo mini phono cord just in case. Won't take much room! :)

Look at this thread, you will see the cord that you can get in post number 6, you can also see some nice pictures that coyboy1971 posted. hopefully i can paste the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2097782

You do NOT need anything, the cord is supplied with the Bose.

Edited by Leavethekidswithmom

You have a Bose system with two zones and two remotes, one for inside and one for outside. There will be an auxiliary hookup that goes to the earbud jack of your iPod. There is also a book with about 50 CD's, we brought about 50 of our own too. You have to crank the (outside) music up to hear over the loud motor of the hot tub, yeah life's a bitch. Just be aware of the band times, we through them off a couple of times with the loud music, we learned to turn it down a half hour before they started until they finished. There is no USB port, what they have works fine with any iPod/pad/phone. If your on the Pearl, hope to end up with Maxi as your butler, he is the best and we had him twice. Any more questions, shoot. The lighting and electric curtains are also pretty neat.

Robert

Ah, you mentioned Maxi :)

We had him as our Butler in the Haven over the holidays, and he was just amazing.

Our first experience with an NCL butler (on the Dawn last year) was quite a disappointment.

But MAXI... we've been spoiled forever!

GeezerCouple

Look at this thread, you will see the cord that you can get in post number 6, you can also see some nice pictures that coyboy1971 posted. hopefully i can paste the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2097782

You do NOT need anything, the cord is supplied with the Bose.

Thanks - to be safe (and because they take no room, and I have them) I'll bring a stereo phono to stereo phono cable, and a stereo phono to 2RCA cable.

Since my original question, I've decided to take my laptop for music - after converting to MP3s from my music server at home (I have everything on a drive) it's way too much to take up space on my phone or iPod. With the two cords I mentioned I think I can handle either style of input even if their cords are not there for some reason.

Thanks again and we'll hope for Maxi!