Taxi Company from Southampton Airport to Cruise dock

Broch

Can someone recommend to me a reliable taxi firm with cost they have used to go from Southampton airport and return to cruise ship and can be pre booked. Thanks

Edited by Broch

I appreciate everybody will have different experiences, but West Quay Cars have failed to pick us up twice in the past :(

Thanks for all replies. I am sorry you had a bad experience with this company. Just curious but why did you use them again when they let you down before. Did they show up eventually. Thanks for your feedback

Thanks for all replies. I am sorry you had a bad experience with this company. Just curious but why did you use them again when they let you down before. Did they show up eventually. Thanks for your feedback

They were the preferred company of two of the hotels we stayed in so we just went with the hotels :)

• 4 weeks later...
There is a bus, which is regular from the airport to the docks.

Cost is £2

That's what we'll be doing.

Kezz

That bus is very frequent.

It's laid on for university students, hence the name, but anyone can travel on it. Be aware that it uses a circuitous route via the main uni campus & takes 35 to 40 minutes, compared to about 15 mins by taxi or 8 mins to central station by frequent train.

Train is almost as cheap, but the savings by taking bus or train can be almost wiped out by any taxi fare from bus stop or central station to cruise terminal.

Bus route is U1.

Get off at Southampton central station (then short taxi hop) for Mayflower cruise terminal.

Get off at central station or West Quay (then walk or short taxi hop) for City cruise terminal.

Get off at the end of the line (Oceanography centre) then short walk for Ocean cruise terminal.

For Ocean cruise terminal if you have walking difficulties, or for QE11 cruise terminal which is deep in the docks where walking is permitted but quite dangerous, I'd recommend you get off at West Quay where there's a taxi rank.

http://www.unilinkbus.co.uk/

champagne-lover. A pre-booked taxi from airport to ship will cost up to £15, taking one from the rank at the airport about £20.

JB :)

Hi John Bull.

The stop on West Quay. I thought / was thinking it's near the Holiday Inn.

I think hoping was more like.

So is my thinking wrong.

As I can't walk to far also with a case and hand luggage.

We're staying in Grand Harbour.

Thanks John

Hi John Bull.

The stop on West Quay. I thought / was thinking it's near the Holiday Inn.

I think hoping was more like.

So is my thinking wrong.

As I can't walk to far also with a case and hand luggage.

We're staying in Grand Harbour.

Thanks John

No, your hotel & (the back of) Holiday Inn are on West Quay Road, the opposite side of West Quay Mall to the Uni-link route. There are stops on Portland Terrace & in the High Street - I'm guessing that on the Unilink route map the locations of the stops are more diagrammatic than accurate so its difficult to suggest which is best.

But they're all about a 6 or 7 minute walk from the Grand Harbour.

If that's too far get off at the Asda store in Portland Terrace, where there's a taxi rank. Minimum taxi fare is around £5.

JB :)

Thanks for reply.

i did download that bus route map. i'll see what's best.

I'm thinking, High Street, just after East street.

Our hotel just on left down a street.

Phew, Glad about that. Lol

That I can manage.

Great links etc.

Thanks John

Kezz