Can we have Champaign waiting in room?

TaylorMace

I was wondering if it is possible to have Champaign chilled and waiting in our room when we first arrive. In the past I purchased the Champaigne ahead of time and we had a voucher waiting for us in the room on arrival. We spent 30 minutes getting the voucher exchanged for the bottle. Any suggestions?

I was wondering if it is possible to have Champaign chilled and waiting in our room when we first arrive. In the past I purchased the Champaigne ahead of time and we had a voucher waiting for us in the room on arrival. We spent 30 minutes getting the voucher exchanged for the bottle. Any suggestions?

From what I have gleaned from these boards (as I haven't yet had the good pleasure of sailing on Princess) is that they normally leave the voucher in the room for you. I couldn't find any other way to get the beverage/alcohol order to my room earlier. I don't know why this is - other cruiselines do it differently. I'm with you on this one! I would have liked to have had something ready in the room when I arrived.

We have ended up just bringing the champagne with us - that way we get the type we want rather than choose from the ships selection, which is more limited than their wine options. Plunge it in your ice bucket with some water to chill it more quickly and you're good to go!

From what I have gleaned from these boards (as I haven't yet had the good pleasure of sailing on Princess) is that they normally leave the voucher in the room for you. I couldn't find any other way to get the beverage/alcohol order to my room earlier. I don't know why this is - other cruiselines do it differently. I'm with you on this one! I would have liked to have had something ready in the room when I arrived.

I think it is to be sure

a) It does not disappear from the cabin before you arrive

b) The ice is not all melted by the time you arrive

Embarkation is a 3-4 hour window. They have no idea when you'll arrive.

I think full suites and mini suites receive champagne at embarkation - the benefits state "glass" of champagne, but some stewards may leave the full bottle - depends on the ship!

Edited by cruisintoddler

It may depend on what port you sail out of. Texas, NO. State law will not allow it until you are in international waters. you can buy drinks, when you get on board, but only certain liquors are allowed. Not sure how it all works, but I have bought Bon Voyage beer or wine for ourselves and others on various cruise lines and they're always given a voucher and stating the beer or wine will be delivered later. It would be nice to have something in the room during a sail away, but I figure it is the thought that counts and my friends that I buy the gift for, appreciate it even if they don't get it until in International waters

I think full suites and mini suites receive champagne at embarkation - the benefits state "glass" of champagne, but some stewards may leave the full bottle - depends on the ship!

For the last few years it has actually been two single serving bottles of Korbel Champagne and two flutes.

Mike:)

One reason they won't just leave it in the room is that there might be minors there unattended. I know that's what they told us when we bought a bottle of liquor over the phone and then left the ship thinking it would be there when we returned. Instead, there was a card asking us to call and they would deliver it to us in person. They must have had kids calling the room service line and ordering liquor while their parents were away.

Oh dear god, I hope not. A glass is about all anyone can take. Reminds me of the old joke:

"So Bob, what did you think of that new restaurant that opened in town?"

"Well, it was good and bad."

"What was the bad part?"

"The food was absolutely horrible. Inedible, really."

"Sounds awful. What was good about it?"

"Well, the portions were huge!"

It may depend on what port you sail out of. Texas, NO. State law will not allow it until you are in international waters. you can buy drinks, when you get on board, but only certain liquors are allowed. Not sure how it all works

Texas law allows all kinds of alcoholic beverages to be served while in Texas waters as long as the alcoholic beverages were purchased from licensed Texas distributors.

Princess has chosen to only purchase a limited variety and brands of these beverages from licensed Texas distributors, so that is all they can serve until out of Texas waters.

Whether you think the Texas law is a good one or not, it is Princess that limits what you can order while still in Texas waters as it is Princess that decides what beverages to purchase or not purchase from the licensed Texas distributors.

One reason they won't just leave it in the room is that there might be minors there unattended.

I have had gifts of champagne arrive unexpectedly during a

cruise; and they have been simply left in the room. Fortunately

Mrs. Pablo is old enough to drink.