Taxis?

Jhondy210

This is a really stupid question and I think I know the answer but I figured I would check to make sure I am right.

We are going on the Independence of the Seas out of Ft. Lauderdale soon. We will be taking a hotel shuttle to the port but after the cruise we plan to just grab a taxi back to the airport. Will there be taxis waiting at the port when the cruise docks or will we need to set up for a taxi to pick us up before we get on the ship? I'm assuming they will be waiting as it is an easy money opportunity for the taxis.

We did self disembarkation. We walked to the left and you see all the taxis lined up. You get the first taxi. We did taxi from hotel to port and port to airport in Dec 2013 and it was so easy. No waiting for a ton of people and a shuttle.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We disembarked Celebrity Silhouette yesterday. There was a Ft. Lauderdale bicycle race and route 1 was closed. It took us an hour to get a taxi at the port. There were airport shuttles available, but we could not take them because we were headed to downtown Fort Lauderdale.