2016. Cruisers who want to lose

MikeNKim

I am booked on Breeze for 01/16/16! I would like to lose about 30 lbs by then. It is VERY difficult for me to stay on track as I have NO willpower. Absolutely none. Zero. Zilch. None.

How are you all getting started and what are you doing to lose?

I am doing Weight Watchers. It gives good structure, but also flexibility. I am also using a Fitbit to help me stay conscious of how much (or how little!) I am moving.

I lost 80 pounds 3 years ago and have kept it off with exercise and proper nutrition. I love the comment above about making a lifestyle change instead of dieting. With that type of mindset you can't go wrong.

If anyone has any questions or is looking for some guidance I'm happy to help.

Good luck to all.

That's awesome and inspiring!! My husband and I have taken the proper nutrition route instead of using a "diet" plan for some time now and I can't seem to shed a pound! So I'm starting back on Weight Watchers and we'll see what happens!

What was your approach to reach your great results? I'd love guidance!

Also subscribed to this thread! Southern Caribbean cruise booked for March 2016!!

I'll keep it going with you, Julie!

I'd love to lose 50 lbs. but we'll see! I'm starting WW on April 1st and began working out 3 days a week. We use 3 DVD discs from 21 day diet workouts (30 minutes) then 30 minutes of other exercises! Praying for some good results!

I am late to the party, but in. 20 pounds. We are doing a holiday sailing to the Caribbean and then a 30 day Hawaii/Tahiti in April 2016. I am not officially starting until Monday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm joining in also. Rejoined WW this morning with my husband. I have about 100 pounds to lose and he has about 40-50 to lose. We have a cruise booked in November to the Caribbean, but we also have our Alaskan cruise booked for July 2016. I'm hoping that by our July cruise I will be close to goal, but since hitting menopause and developing Fibromyalgia, my weight loss is very slow and I do quiet a bit of yo-yoing (inflammation from pain flare ups).

Good Morning! Looks like everyone has great plans in place for both cruising and losing. I have been walking on the treadmill and am getting ready to move up to a slow SLOW jog. I just bought a small fitbit to track steps and activity, so hopefully this will help me to be more mindful and to move.

I took my daughter to the mall yesterday for her 18th birthday (belated) to get some spring things. Lots of cute summer stuff out already. Sigh.

Hoping we can all get some cute LITTLE things soon. :)

Good Morning! Looks like everyone has great plans in place for both cruising and losing. I have been walking on the treadmill and am getting ready to move up to a slow SLOW jog. I just bought a small fitbit to track steps and activity, so hopefully this will help me to be more mindful and to move.

I love my Fitbit! I bought myself the ChargeHR, which doubles as a watch. I changed my goal to 7000 steps because I've been lucky to even make it past 5,000 steps a day. Yesterday I made it to 7450 steps, which for me is awesome!

Cruising April 9th 2012 on the Disney Fantasy. Didn't reach my goal last cruise so lets try this again :) I would like to lose about 50lbs.

I'd love to lose 50 lbs.!!! We started 3 days a week of cardio/weight training and WW. We'll see what happens! Good luck on your journey!

Um, did you mean 2016? :)

Yes. LOL. What the heck was I writing?! haha. Long evening with family sucked my brain of all energy. :) Yes 2016 otherwise I am really far behind.

Kids are off from school today but getting organized for the weeks menu today so I have lots of healthy options.

The prep work is by far the biggest issue for me. I tend to make as many shortcuts as I can by buying precut fruit and veggies. Also, I have the hardest time with pre-planning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got off 4 B2B, 28 days at sea. I got home and had lost 6 pounds during the cruises. I still have 25 to go, and have lost a total of 35 over the year. I don't have any cruises booked, but I would love to lose those 25 before the next one, hopefully within a year. Honestly, I find it easier to watch what I eat ON the cruise, since it is all cooked and easy to access.

That's awesome N2M! My husband and I were just talking about our cruise in November and all the eating we will be doing. I reminded him that we can walk the ship to walk off the indulging we both plan on doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devala715, exactly, and I just kind of tried to eat lean protein first and saved the carbs for after. It seemed to work. Breakfast we skip, but lunch was usually baked fish and a salad. No snacking. And we ate whatever we wanted at dinner, again protein first. Had dessert every night too! I can't exercise because of a neuromuscular disease but hubby went to the gym every day.

What do people do to stay motivated? My will power just sucks :( and I need to get moving...I lack any type of motivation. 2 weeks ago I was down 4lbs. Great motivation! I felt great. Last week I was up 4 lbs. That did it. No motivation. So, please tell me what motivates you and what do you to stay motivated? What do you eat for typical meals?

I was looking at nutrisystem online today but not sure if I can afford it. I was trying to figure out if my quote is in canadian or US dollars. I live in canada. I also am not a fan of automatic payments for such a large amount. Maybe I will call tomorrow to find out more from a person. Would save thinking about what to eat all the time.

I am still doing WW. My weigh in days are on Saturday. This past Saturday I woke up with my pain level high (I suffer with Fibromyalgia), and the pain always makes me swell up. So, I elected to take a pass on getting on the scale.

As to my motivation, yeah, it comes and goes.

What do people do to stay motivated? My will power just sucks :( and I need to get moving...I lack any type of motivation. 2 weeks ago I was down 4lbs. Great motivation! I felt great. Last week I was up 4 lbs. That did it. No motivation. So, please tell me what motivates you and what do you to stay motivated? What do you eat for typical meals?

I'm the same way! I feel like I did so great during the week then get on the scale and doesn't budge much!! Ugh frustrating!! I did weigh and measure myself before I began WW and workout routine! So we'll see what changes!

But my motivation is my 29 year old niece!! She's not a big girl by no means but is in 2 weddings this year and getting married next June! So she's been on WW for about a month now and looks amazing!!! She is my motivation!! I'm just so proud of her! And hey...Auntie has to look great at her wedding too!! ;)

My typical breakfast is a must coffee!! just use a splash of FF half and half. a yogurt and fruit during the week. Weekend breakfast I'll have egg beaters and some turkey bacon! Lunch usually a salad with FF dressing. Dinner varies. I try to stick with a healthy dinner - grilled chicken of some sort, ground turkey, fish with a veggies. I love WW because you can eat whatever you want just stay in your points allowed for the day. So you figure it out after a while. I, for one, can't do those pre-meal diets or shakes or no carbs. To me once you're off them you're back to where you started or worse! So, I stick with WW - I feel it teaches you how to eat and helps you get back on track if you've fallen off! Like I did!

Good luck!