2016. Cruisers who want to lose

MikeNKim

What do people do to stay motivated? My will power just sucks :( and I need to get moving...I lack any type of motivation. 2 weeks ago I was down 4lbs. Great motivation! I felt great. Last week I was up 4 lbs. That did it. No motivation. So, please tell me what motivates you and what do you to stay motivated? What do you eat for typical meals?

My motivation is the fact I will have to put on a bathing suit on the ship! I am taking my 2 nephews who will be 20 and 22 at the time of the cruise and also want to keep up with them. I know I feel so much better when eating healthier too. I hate to say I am on a diet as it implies I will lose the x# of pounds, then return to my old habits- and the weight. I did WW years ago so I know the concept and I am eating sensible. I make a smoothie with lots of fruit, greek yogurt and wheat germ for breakfast, salad for lunch with a yogurt based dressing and a salad with a chicken breast for dinner and allow myself 2 "cheat" meals a week of anything I want. I also know I simply feel better the better I eat and they say it takes 3 weeks for you to form a new habit, so by the time I cruise in May 2016, my healthy eating will be the norm and my weight down.

Hi Ladies,

My name is Joyce and I have too many pounds to lose, LOL. Over 100. Ouch. We have two cruises booked, one in Oct of this year, and one in April 2017. I just joined WW online yesterday. Have done WW too many times to count, but it does work if you let it. I am "hopeful". I feel like this is one of those times that might click for me. You know how it is. Sometimes you start and go nowhere, and other times you start and you are a ball of fire.

So yesterday went well. That is a good sign. Realistically I have about 25 weeks till the cruise so even at one pound a week, I should be able to make a dent in what I need to lose.

I just turned 60 the end of Feb so losing is harder now than it was when I was younger. I know it can be done.

I've done Nutrisystem in the past (as has my dh). I found I got bored with the food, and the cost of food doesn't include the cost of other food you need to buy like fruit and veg. Both of us did NS when we were single. He lost a lot, I lost very little even though I was sticking to it very well.

I recently asked John Heald (Carnival Brand Ambassador) if they could add Nutritional Guideline sheets in the dining room, and if they could have dieters/senior portions of the regular fare. Their diet choices are things like broiled fish. Boring. I have not heard anything, but plan on writing the CEO with the suggestion if I don't hear back. I need smaller portions on the plate because once it's on my plate it is very hard for me to stop eating something that is delicious.

Hi Ladies,

My name is Joyce and I have too many pounds to lose, LOL. Over 100. Ouch. We have two cruises booked, one in Oct of this year, and one in April 2017. I just joined WW online yesterday. Have done WW too many times to count, but it does work if you let it. I am "hopeful". I feel like this is one of those times that might click for me. You know how it is. Sometimes you start and go nowhere, and other times you start and you are a ball of fire.

So yesterday went well. That is a good sign. Realistically I have about 25 weeks till the cruise so even at one pound a week, I should be able to make a dent in what I need to lose.

I just turned 60 the end of Feb so losing is harder now than it was when I was younger. I know it can be done.

I've done Nutrisystem in the past (as has my dh). I found I got bored with the food, and the cost of food doesn't include the cost of other food you need to buy like fruit and veg. Both of us did NS when we were single. He lost a lot, I lost very little even though I was sticking to it very well.

I recently asked John Heald (Carnival Brand Ambassador) if they could add Nutritional Guideline sheets in the dining room, and if they could have dieters/senior portions of the regular fare. Their diet choices are things like broiled fish. Boring. I have not heard anything, but plan on writing the CEO with the suggestion if I don't hear back. I need smaller portions on the plate because once it's on my plate it is very hard for me to stop eating something that is delicious.

Welcome Joyce and good luck to you!!! I agree with the NS and Jenny Craig type diets, plus it does not prepare you for the real world by eating their prepackaged food and then when you are off the "diet' you gain it all back. At least with WW you eat real food.

Welcome Joyce and good luck to you!!! I agree with the NS and Jenny Craig type diets, plus it does not prepare you for the real world by eating their prepackaged food and then when you are off the "diet' you gain it all back. At least with WW you eat real food.

JC and NS also make it hard to go anywhere. It doesn't prepare you for living in the real world. WW does. (Yeah, I'm a cheerleader) lol. I've also been listening to a hypnosis tape called "Virtual Gastric Bypass" for reinforcement. It basically is only eat when you are hungry, and stop when you are no longer hungry, not full. Besides I listen to it at night and I get to sleep really fast and sleep deep. Anything to re-inforce good habits.

Hi Everyone,

I'm Karen and right now I want to lose about 20-25 pounds. I should lose 25 more but I'm starting with that goal. I just started my "diet" 3 days ago and I'm doing good. I got the "myfitnesspal" app and I love it. I'm inputting all my calories which is good accountability for me. It has a scanner to scan bar codes for calorie and nutrition information, and a search feature. I just found out a slice of Costco pizza has 700 calories. I'm surprised I don't weigh more than I do! I'm also going to walk more, but I have a bad ankle so I need to take a lot of Aleve.

What works for me? I think tracking my calories exactly will, plus eating a decent breakfast with protein works, and having a midmorning snack with protein as well. I also get bored easily with food, so will have to search and find more low cal foods to eat, especially for dinner. The good thing is I love salads, I can eat one of those every day.

I like what one poster said, about allowing two cheat meals a week. That would work for me.

I want to go from wearing a 1x top to an XL top to start with. I can find so many more clothes options if I don't need to be in the plus department. Bottoms I'm fine with, since I take a large. My top and middle area are much bigger so I suffer there.

I'm looking for some good inspiration with food choices. Anyone know any good websites that have good suggestions for healthy foods?

Thanks everyone,

Not sure why my notifications stopped but thought I would check and yes I have missed a few messages. I hope now it will keep me posted. I have decided to not do Nutrisystem mostly because I can't afford it right now. I have found a workout plan that I am going to follow which is half the battle :) stressing out about my daughters party here next week which I have been stress eating. I typically have my kids parties elsewhere because it stresses me out but I let her pick a party for here. I will be much better once it is done. Most people don't get it but I have anxiety and social is a big one.

Hope everyone is doing well and plan on trying to stay connected now. No weight loss here yet but gearing up with a plan. :D

Last year my husband and I did Lean Cuisine for a month and lost 10 pounds doing it. It wasn't that much more expensive than buying food to cook. That's a possibility as well. But the cost otherwise is something like $300 a month and that's just not in our budget. That's the only thing that bugs me about them using celebrity spokesmen. A. They can afford the food, or B it was given to them for free.

Count me in also. We'll be sailing this September and I have about 15-20 pounds to lose. I gained about 5 pounds from our cruise last October and then gained another 10 pounds the following November and December for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Does anyone have any specific food/fitness plans or regimens that are working for them?

Got my plan all ready. Starting Tuesday on my official journey. Exercise plan picked and getting my meal plan ready for the week. It will be a rough week but will get easier once I get into it. Hope everyone has a great week and I am sure I will be on here this week to get through the first week.

Day one of a new week. Weighed myself this morning and I lost 0 pounds! I even had 2 WW weekly points left last night. I don't understand it. Did they give me too many points? I'll stick with it another week. If the same thing happens, I'm changing my weekly points. This is very discouraging.:mad:

Day one of a new week. Weighed myself this morning and I lost 0 pounds! I even had 2 WW weekly points left last night. I don't understand it. Did they give me too many points? I'll stick with it another week. If the same thing happens, I'm changing my weekly points. This is very discouraging.:mad:

I totally understand! But try not to be discouraged! This sometimes happens the 1st week in! Did you workout as well?? If so, that could be another reason for no weight loss!

Also, I've changed my weigh ins to Friday instead of Monday. I think Fridays are a bit better because you tend to eat a little more during the week or use some of the extra points or whatever so Monday is usually disappointing at times. Try weighing yourself on a Friday see how you do??

Just a suggestion!

I totally understand! But try not to be discouraged! This sometimes happens the 1st week in! Did you workout as well?? If so, that could be another reason for no weight loss!

Also, I've changed my weigh ins to Friday instead of Monday. I think Fridays are a bit better because you tend to eat a little more during the week or use some of the extra points or whatever so Monday is usually disappointing at times. Try weighing yourself on a Friday see how you do??

Just a suggestion!

I did the chat with a ww counselor and they were not overly concerned either, so I won't be either. No, no workouts. You are right, weekends can be rough and you eat a bit more. A Friday weigh in gives you the rest of the week to lose any mistakes. I'll try and change it.

Nothing more frustrating when you are on track and you don't lose anything. On other thing you might want to think about is did you have anything that may be high in sodium a day or two before your WI? I have done WW many times and sometimes even if you are in your points one high sodium meal/snack leading up to WI can make you retain extra water. Just a thought and keep up the good job with your points.

Nothing more frustrating when you are on track and you don't lose anything. On other thing you might want to think about is did you have anything that may be high in sodium a day or two before your WI? I have done WW many times and sometimes even if you are in your points one high sodium meal/snack leading up to WI can make you retain extra water. Just a thought and keep up the good job with your points.

You might be right. On Saturday we had BBQ Chicken pizza. That might have been a carryover to Monday with water retention. I think the suggestion to have my week start on Fridays makes sense because we always have Pizza for Saturday or Sunday lunch. Pizza from Aldi's.

Frozen pizza is always higher in sodium, so you would be better off making sure you have a few days before doing a WI after eating that pizza. For me, if my pain is higher, that means my inflammation will be higher, hence my water retention. Never fails, once my pain goes down, my weight goes down also.

It's been one week for me and I've lost 1 pound. I've been eating really good this past week and I'm logging all my calories into MyFitnessPal. That is good motivation for me. I've also been going out and walking every day, except for the days it snows! Today I had some popcorn from Target. It was just so salty that I just felt really blah after eating it.

Planning a booking for Jan 2016 anniversary cruise for my boyfriend and I! our actual anniversary is in Aug, but we are celebrating in Jan with the cruise. I am on board for the pre-cruise dieting! good luck to all!

I'm in. I haven't booked yet (payday in two weeks. Keep fingers crossed there is still an oceanview available for me) but will be going on the 7 day Greek Isles roundtrip from Venice on the NCL Jade 02nd July 2016 (which will incorporate my birthday). I need to lose *gasp* 148lbs :(

I'm in. I haven't booked yet (payday in two weeks. Keep fingers crossed there is still an oceanview available for me) but will be going on the 7 day Greek Isles roundtrip from Venice on the NCL Jade 02nd July 2016 (which will incorporate my birthday). I need to lose *gasp* 148lbs :(

Good luck that the ocean view is still available. Hopefully, this far out, it should be. As for the rest, not sure you can lose all that by then, but you can surely make a very big dent in it.

I have 144 to lose and have two cruises booked. Oct of this year and April 2017. I've re-started WW but am off to a very slow start this time around. I've just changed my weigh in day from Mondays to Fridays so I will have time after the weekend to stabilize things. Hopefully that will lead to more cheerful weigh ins.