General Booking Questions

MistyRo76

So frequent Carnival cruiser here - just booked #16 (I think...I'm starting to lose count!).

Was just checking fares using the Carnival Fare Viewer. My husband, daughter and I are booked in an 8E cabin and it showed that our fare went down $100 since booking (I've submitted for the price drop YAY!). But when I checked the same category cabin for 2 guests for one of our travel mates, it didn't show any decrease. Why would that be?? Just curious! I was surprised that having a third in our cabin would result in a price drop but not for a cabin with 2 (not complaining...just curious!).

Also, they still have the option of putting your state in for any special residency rates. I cannot recall seeing any special rates for my state in probably 10-15 years. I think occasionally when I first started cruising, I would see them. But not in many years. Does Carnival still offer residency rates? Are these just for states that have cruise ports maybe? Again...just curious more than anything else! I keep putting in my wonderful state of Kentucky hoping to see a deal...but maybe I'll stop doing that! LOL

Thanks - Misty

To the state resident rates, I do see them from time to time. For Tennessee, it is generally for cruises out of New Orleans.

I guess they feel Kentucky isn't close enough to any port that a special rate would be enough to push someone into going?