Favorite foods or creative food combinations?

eng4

this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2018339

has a bunch of great ideas for 'lido deck creations' - utilizing items available on the buffet, etc. in creative ways.

one that's always a must for me is mixing the lemonade and iced tea. the lemonade is way too sweet and the tea too bland - but together it tastes great :)

another not-normal thing i always do is order the banana split from the kids menu in the MDR.

I have strawberry ice cream with chocolate melting cake instead of vanilla. Strawberries and chocolate belong together! I was in the mood for a BLT and did not feel like going back to the cabin to order room service. The breakfast buffet was just closing and we were on the Liberty which had Guy's Burgers. So I saved 2 pieces of toast from breakfast buffet and as soon as they set up the toppings bar at Guys, I made my own BLT with the mayo, lettuce, tomatoes and bacon from there. :p;):D I also like my soft serve ice cream a bit different. I get a bowl, put in the ice cream, then I crumble the cone in it. If there is chocolate sauce at the sweet spot at lunch, I put that on top too! :cool:

I have strawberry ice cream with chocolate melting cake instead of vanilla. Strawberries and chocolate belong together! I was in the mood for a BLT and did not feel like going back to the cabin to order room service. The breakfast buffet was just closing and we were on the Liberty which had Guy's Burgers. So I saved 2 pieces of toast from breakfast buffet and as soon as they set up the toppings bar at Guys, I made my own BLT with the mayo, lettuce, tomatoes and bacon from there. :p;):D I also like my soft serve ice cream a bit different. I get a bowl, put in the ice cream, then I crumble the cone in it. If there is chocolate sauce at the sweet spot at lunch, I put that on top too! :cool:

I usually get butter pecan ice cream, but strawberry is a great idea. I mixed the cherry jubilee in with the warm melting choc cake one time too.

If you don't mind the coffee not being piping hot, I use the soft serve vanilla ice cream as the creamer. Makes the not so good coffee taste decent.

Mine is boring, but I always look forward to the banana bread with cream cheese from those little servings they put out for the bagels. It's weird because I normally don't even like banana bread all that much.

I do both of these too! Sometimes I put a swirl of chocolate ice cream in after the vanilla has melted in the coffee. I ALWAYS put cream cheese on the banana bread. It tastes more like date nut bread than banana bread anyway. :p

Banana bread is on the breakfast buffet?

yes they had it on the breakfast buffet in november on the Freedom, not sure if every day, but I did have it one day, and I believe it was also gluten free, but cant be certain of it. I do not have gluten intolerance, but do often try gluten free food, and find it to be usually very good. I do however believe that the banana bread on the Freedom in November was gluten free, my memory is just rusty. It was delicious!!! Highly recommended.

For my favorite foods....on ships that still have tandoor grill, then that is my favorite. I also love the blt from room service and the chicken fajita from room service. Also smoked salmon and bagel either from room service breakfast or from the deli. I love the Indian vegetarian food in the MDR. I enjoy most of the food I order in the MDR at dinner time, but also look forward to a change in menu, and the American table menu, as it is to date looks good to me.

And big surprise to me last cruise was; that for me who really is not a big fan of burgers, but always was satisfied with the old burgers from the pre 2.0 ships grill. I discovered that I really did like Guy's burger, especially the plain one, that I could fix up the way I like it from the toppings bar. I liked that, but can also live without it too, so it would not affect my choice of ship.

Edited by SMSACE6

I usually get butter pecan ice cream, but strawberry is a great idea. I mixed the cherry jubilee in with the warm melting choc cake one time too.

Both of these! :D:D

We also make sure to eat in the buffet on Caribbean lunch day. Jerk chicken is fantastic and there is a coconut bread that I dream of!

yes they had it on the breakfast buffet in november on the Freedom, not sure if every day, but I did have it one day, and I believe it was also gluten free, but cant be certain of it.

I haven't ever seen a gluten free version of the banana bread. It really is more like a date nut bread and I've found it next to the muffins on every ship I've sailed. There's a gluten free bread as well that might be near it on the buffet, but it's a completely different animal. (I don't care for the gluten free bread on the ship; it's made with hominy so it's pretty gritty.)