Passport Card or Enhanced Driver's License

The Mexillents

Another option is to have 2 US passports. The 2nd one is only good for 5 years. You can carry one with you and have the other on the cruise ship. 2 passports come in handy when you send a one passport out to get a VISA and you have plans to flying internationally while your passport is gone.

• 2 years later...

Try $175.99 and you have to go to an enrollment center.

Obviously no one on this thread has heard of a Nexus card with Global Entry. To issue this they did an iris scan and both hands of finger prints. In many airports around the world your just walk up you a kiosk , it scans your iris and you walk on through. Other airports have TSA PRE (pre approved) no lines, no taking off your, belts, shoes etc...just walk through. Nexus is $85 for 5 years. If I lose my passport, hopefully I still have my eyes.

Thanks for this, I will look into it! A little bit nervous about sending off the Naturalization certificate, but there is enough time for it to be Fedexed to our Miami hotel. Have to trust Fedex though I guess :)

I hate to sound negative, but check with the company first - I think there is a requirement from the government to apply for the first passport in person. They may be able to advise you about whether there is a way he can use his British passport instead, even without the green card. Good luck!