RSVP Caribbean Cruise returns to Florida - Shipboard Emergency

Cruisegoer

Talk about cruisers' plans being screwed up: Brilliance of the Seas was unable to enter Tampa Bay on Monday due to fog and is still out at sea waiting. They hope to be able to dock on Tuesday; this evening the fog has come back again after lifting a bit today.

Edited by Boytjie

Just enough reason for us to not do RSVP! Sure it's not the majority doing drugs, but these guys helped screw it up for everyone else. We'll just stick to the mainstream cruises,thank you. I've seen enough of this scene in Ptown.

Just like on a regular cruise, there are many scenes on an all-gay cruise. You aren't required to attend any event on the cruise except the emergency evacuation drill. The rest of the time you can do whatever you want. My partner and I, both in our 70's almost never put on a bathing suit because we have no interest in lying out in the sun around the pool. We are nearly always in our cabin asleep by midnight. But we love the atmosphere with all the people having fun and we love all the entertainment. The frustration comes because we have to pick and choose from the simultaneous events. On the Regal Princess we loved the on demand TV where we could check out entertainment to decide what to go see next. (Most performances happened multiple times during the week.) This was our 13th RSVP cruise and we are signed up for next year. Have also done a few Atlantis and enjoyed them too.

They did not really screw up anything for the rest of us. We got to all our ports. The only disruption to the entertainment was that Ann Campton Halloway had to disembark in Miami because otherwise she would not have made it to her next commitment. Pro that she is, she did a show in the theater that was simulcast on the big screen as we sailed to Miami.

On regular cruises people get drunk and fall off ships; maybe you should stop cruising.

Funny..On all the trips on Cunard/Celebrity I never saw anyone quite measuring up to the drunken/drugged state you seem to describe. Perhaps Carnival,but not the forementioned cruiselines I've been on. I still remember the time in Ptown about 10 years back. A small cruise ship took a tour out into the bay & by the time it got back, 5 ambulances were there to greet them. It's the reason we don't do all gay cruises. Not saying it happens all the time, but with the addictions we've had in our family, I don't care to see it.

Just like on a regular cruise, there are many scenes on an all-gay cruise. You aren't required to attend any event on the cruise except the emergency evacuation drill. The rest of the time you can do whatever you want. My partner and I, both in our 70's almost never put on a bathing suit because we have no interest in lying out in the sun around the pool. We are nearly always in our cabin asleep by midnight. But we love the atmosphere with all the people having fun and we love all the entertainment. The frustration comes because we have to pick and choose from the simultaneous events. On the Regal Princess we loved the on demand TV where we could check out entertainment to decide what to go see next. (Most performances happened multiple times during the week.) This was our 13th RSVP cruise and we are signed up for next year. Have also done a few Atlantis and enjoyed them too.

I just can't agree to pay a stiff premium to go on an all gay cruise. We prefer the mainstream lines,ourselves.We've seen the videos from friends who've traveled on RSVP. Too party hearty for our tastes. We're a pretty low key couple.

Well, I do not mind paying the premium one or twice a year for an all gay cruise. I enjoy the entertainment and the comfort of an all gay cruise. I've met a lot of new friends and look forward to seeing them every year. I've been on regular cruises, gay group and all gay cruises, and have enjoyed all. Regular cruises and gay group cruises are certainly cheaper, but they are not the same.

I just can't agree to pay a stiff premium to go on an all gay cruise. We prefer the mainstream lines,ourselves.We've seen the videos from friends who've traveled on RSVP. Too party hearty for our tastes. We're a pretty low key couple.

RSVP isn't that much more expensive than a regular cruise. But there are often deals on regular cruises when they aren't selling well and you don't find those great deals on all-gay cruises. Everyone has their own price point, and the all-gay cruises are worth every penny to me.

The videos usually show only the parties because that is where the cinematic action is. Even during the parties there are singers and comedians in the other venues entertaining large groups of non-party people. And the spa is full of people getting massaged and pampered. You don't like parties, don't go. No one will notice.

Nearly everyone I know that thought they weren't the right sort of guy for an all-gay cruise and then decided to try one, ended up booking another. But it's your choice.

RSVP isn't that much more expensive than a regular cruise. But there are often deals on regular cruises when they aren't selling well and you don't find those great deals on all-gay cruises. Everyone has their own price point, and the all-gay cruises are worth every penny to me.

So true. I have compared what our RSVP cruise costs with the cruises before and after our charter and the cost for the same category cabin has not been that much more and IIRC it was always less that $200 difference.

I am OK if people say they won't go on a gay charter because that is not what they are looking for but it bugs me when people throw out bogus reasons like it is so much more expensive, that it is a floating bath house or that everyone is either drunk or doing drugs.

Friends of ours that have done regular cruises have said that they don't think a gay charter is what they usually look for in a cruise (quiet time reading, relaxing, not bothering with going ashore) but because of our feedback and interested in seeing what it would be like to be in a gay-majority environment, they are considering going on one with us. Will they be dressed in outfits for every party? Heck no! But I know they will have plenty of other choices of things to do, or to do nothing at all.