FDR on cruises to Cuba

John G

Great interview with FDR as well as some beautiful shots of the Riviera. Having been to Cuba, we understood the possible impact on the infrastructure of Cuba but did not consider what would happen in Miami. Truly hope that his dream will become a reality.

Thanks so much for sharing this video!

Sorry but this is such a bad idea. The last thing that Cuba needs is a bunch of day tourists (mainly American that could never go there previously) arrive from a cruise ship. This would ruin Havana ( among other locations) as they now exist.

I agree some levels but this will eventually happen so I try to look on the positive side. If the Cubans finally are able to build up their economy and have at least some degree of freedom, it would be such a great thing. Don't want to get political -- just sharing the interview. Also, I continue to urge people to visit this beautiful country before it changes.

Note: People from other countries have been visiting for years. When we visited in 2000 and 2002, the majority of tourists were from Canada. The main tourist area at that time was quite a distance from Havana (Varadero). Havana had not changed much at all. I suspect that when a "new" cruise ship port is built it would be somewhere other than Havana.

Still hope that FDR, his family and many other Cubans that had to flee their home can return sooner rather than later.