Cruising in May out of NYC

gemgal79

I was wondering if anyone who cruised out of NYC in May could tell me about the weather on the second and last day of the cruise. I am looking at a cruise out of NYC with a day at sea the second day and last day before return.

Do you hit warm, pool weather the second and second to last day?

Guess you could toss a coin, heads it warm and tails its cold. This is springtime in the Northeast and the weather is totally unpredictable. You might have noticed that the weather forecaster totally screwed up the recent snowstorm warning in NYC...and that was just a 24 hour prediction! If you are talking about a cruise to the Bahamas or Caribbean there is a good chance you will get pool weather the 2nd cruise day. If you are heading to Bermuda it is more of a question.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

We've been lucky having cruised to Bermuda many many times, always in May or September and we've always been able to be by/in the pool the 2nd day. However...... that doesn't mean that one could on EVERY sailing in May. And as the above poster stated, "maybe yes, and maybe no"....but I'd put my money on "maybe yes"..

Edited by marco

I was wondering if anyone who cruised out of NYC in May could tell me about the weather on the second and last day of the cruise. I am looking at a cruise out of NYC with a day at sea the second day and last day before return.

Do you hit warm, pool weather the second and second to last day?

Terrific weather... unless it isn't.

There are May departures out of New York to the Caribbean - in which case it will be warm by afternoon of the first sea day; to the Bahamas - in which case you might have to wait for the second day to get warm; to Bermuda- in which case likely early on the second day; to Canada - in which case forget about it.

It pretty much depends on the direction, which OP chose but did not mention, and the weather......

There are May departures out of New York to the Caribbean - in which case it will be warm by afternoon of the first sea day; to the Bahamas - in which case you might have to wait for the second day to get warm; to Bermuda- in which case likely early on the second day; to Canada - in which case forget about it.

It pretty much depends on the direction, which OP chose but did not mention, and the weather......

well that pretty much answers it ;)

We cruised out of NYC to Nova Scotia & Newfoundland. at the end of June and beginning of July. It was so cold coming home in July, I bought a hoodie! It was 60' and windy. No one was on the decks, it was too cold. It was a bit on the chilly side in ports but not as cold as coming back!

Edited by Bonnie J.