Carnival new menus

Cruisegirl6

John Heald has been posting the Breeze new American Feast Menus, my question is are these menu's going to be provided to other ships, we are going on the Valor in May and we don't know which menu's we will have would be great knowing so we can choose our steakhouse nights.

I am currently on the Freedom, headed for Galveston. A couple of nights ago I mentioned to our waiter how much I liked one of the new desserts and said I would be on the Triumph in June and wished I could have it again then. Our waiter, who has worked for Carnival for 18 years, said the Triumph will get the new menu within the next three months. I realize that does not answer OP question but share this as it sounds like Carnival is getting ready to move forward with the new menus fleet wide.

Just got off a B2B on the Liberty and the general concensus of our group was we much preferred the old menus over the American Feast menus!! Hoping that if enough people complain they will stop the fleet wide implementation of this menu. Love Carnival really dislike this new menu!

I don't like the "old" american feast menu's but John Heald is currently on the Breeze and said they made changes and he's been posting the nightly american table menu's certainly a lot better items than the old ones, but I still wonder when will the Valor get the new ones.

The menus that John is posting to his FB seem certainly better than the menus I was reading on Zydocruiser (or what ever the name of that site is) I looked at the menus there and was totally disinterested but the Menus I've been seeing from John sound really good to me much like the old menus. If this is what it will be, I look forward to having the new menus on Magic when we cruise in Aug.

We had a taste of the new menus on the Liberty last summer. We really liked them. Lots of options and the food was good. The menus that JH has been posting look even better. :)

I remember when they added the comfort foods section to the old menus....people complained about that too...when they change these menus in a few years, people will complain about that change and want these menus back. It's just the nature of the beast, you can't make everyone happy.

Everything that John has been posting I have liked. I have been reading it trying to decide what I would order if I had that as my menu that night and there was always several items that I was interested in. Plus I like the items that are offered every day such as the steak, chicken, and salmon. That makes me happy that I know I can always get one of those if nothing else. I know it's always a personal preference, but I have never had a night in the dining room that I couldn't find something that I didn't like. I've never gone hungry on a cruise and I don't think I will with these menus either :)

Not loving the new menus. I do not want to spend my entire vacation eating the same grilled chicken or salmon that I eat at home every day. I don't like the weird flavors they seem to have adopted and all the seafood that I do not like seems to be prevalent. I don't want to feel disappointed on my vacation and think about all the money I spent for that disappointment. Got 2 planned and may have to stop cruising until the menus change again.

One thing I noticed is the menu John Heald is posting is different from the American Feast menu I saw on zydecocruiser. When I saw the older American Feast menu, I was not thrilled about the change. However the menu John Heald is posting looks great to me.

Hopefully someone will upload the new American Feast menu. So far every time American Feast is mentioned, someone will post a link to the old menu.

Edited by adriennerm

It sounds to me like "picky" eaters aren't thrilled with the new menus, but for people who are more adventurous and look forward to new foods and different flavors (Like ME) the new menus are a welcome change.

I hope they are rolled out fleet wide before my Pride sailing! :D

It sounds to me like "picky" eaters aren't thrilled with the new menus, but for people who are more adventurous and look forward to new foods and different flavors (Like ME) the new menus are a welcome change.

I hope they are rolled out fleet wide before my Pride sailing! :D

I am a picky eater and not very adventurous when it comes to my food. Yet, from what I have seen (what John is posting), the new menus look really good. I like the fact that that they have 4 basic choices each day in addition to the regular menu. I think there were like a total of 9 main courses to choose from. I would have to be the pickiest of pickiest person to not find anything!

One thing I noticed is the menu John Heald is posting is different from the American Feast menu I saw on zydecocruiser. When I saw the older American Feast menu, I was not thrilled about the change. However the menu John Heald is posting looks great to me.

Hopefully someone will upload the new American Feast menu. So far every time American Feast is mentioned, someone will post a link to the old menu.

John Heald posted this one and stated it was the American Feast menu. :)

Here is the third menu from the Carnival Breeze and her American Table debut this cruise. This is the American Feast elegant night menu:

SHRIMP COCKTAIL_

Traditional cocktail sauce

TART WITH BRAISED KALE, BLACKENED PORK TENDERLOIN

Citrus cream

FRIED OYSTERS

Chipotle, lime

MUSHROOM CREAM SOUP

ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP

Meatballs, endive, egg, Parmesan

BABY SPINACH SALAD

Blue cheese dressing

KALE OR ROMAINE CAESAR SALAD

House made dressing, shaved Parmesan

SPAGHETTI CARBONARA

Bacon, cheese, garlic, cream

SEARED STRIPED BASS

Lemon, creamy savoy cabbage, sour dough fried potatoes

BROILED MAINE LOBSTER TAIL

Toasted orzo with shrimp, broccoli, citrus gremolata

*SLOW COOKED PRIME RIB

Baked potato, horseradish

ROOT VEGETABLES IN A PIE CRUST

Herbed ricotta mousse, roasted red pepper

FEATURED VEGETARIAN

Indian style vegetable dish with lentils, basmati rice,pickle, papadam and raita

Salmon Fillet – Citrus and pepper rub

Chicken Breast – Roast garlic and herbs

Flat Iron Steak – Pepper and herbs

Pork Chop – Caramelized onions and apple sauce

SIDES

CORN AND VEGETABLE SUCCOTASH

BAKED POTATO

Sour cream, bacon, chives

SAUTÉED BEANS

With bacon

WHIPPED POTATOES

FRAGRANT BASMATI PILAF

STEAMED BROCCOLI

Chimichurri,BBQ Sauce, Peppercorn, Roasted Garlic and Tomato Tapenade, Béarnaise sauces

Dessert.

VANILLA CREME BRÛLÉE

MALTED CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT CAKE

Warm chocolate sauce

CARNIVAL MELTING CHOCOLATE CAKE

* COFFEE CREAM CAKE

Espresso sabayon, oats crumble

* lower calorie, no sugar added

FRESH TROPICAL FRUIT PLATE

CHEESE PLATE

SELECTION OF ICE CREAMS

I loved the American Table menu on Liberty and asked John if it was going to be on Dream and he said no plans at all for it. I find that hard to believe if it is being rolled out on other ships, but what do I know?

My understanding is that Valor is not getting anything new until the ship goes to drydock and I don't think that is going to be until next year. At least that's what I think I remember when the change with Liberty and Valor was announced.