When is final payment due - Australia / UK / USA ?

downundermatt

I know the date for final payment (and cancellations) vary from Country to Country but can someone please let me know when final payment is due in the following - am thinking to book just after final payment (just don't know which one to choose) :confused:

AUSTRALIA

UK

USA

Many Thanks

Hi Mattdownunder,

I'm a bit confused. Wouldn't the terms and conditions be specific to the Celebrity policy for the country that you reside in (or are you thinking of purchasing from an overseas celebrity site) as opposed to the country to which you are sailing? Or have I misunderstood?

In my experience, it also varies within country. On some of our Roll Calls, there have been many more final payment dates than countries represented. Some of that may be accounted for by use of travel agents but, as far as I have been able to ascertain, not all the variations.

As for trying to work out when prices may drop, you have to take into account that, from what I have seen by watching room availability, the TAs who have taken block bookings do not seem to release rooms until well after any final payment date. It is often only once that happens that Celebrity may try to sell inventory by reducing prices.

Thanks for your early responses.

Vikstar, I am just curious when other countries have their final payment date. Am hoping many people may cancel or rebook at their final opportunity which I know vary from country to country - hence the query as I am hoping this may be an opportune time to book, then again the speed our Australian Dollar is plummeting best I book today

Edited by downundermatt
incomplete entry

I know the date for final payment (and cancellations) vary from Country to Country but can someone please let me know when final payment is due in the following - am thinking to book just after final payment (just don't know which one to choose) :confused:

AUSTRALIA

UK

USA

Many Thanks

Matt,

Are you monitoring prices for the cruise you are interested in? I only ask because this can make a big difference to pricing, even after final payment. Our Easter cruise pricing has done nothing but rise. Currently oceanviews are more expensive than we paid for our balconies. So it is dependent on demand, some cruise prices will not fall, no matter how long you wait ;).

Additionally, where the cruise departs from can alter the pricing e.g. if the cruise leaves from the UK, then pricing for that cruise can stay high if booking in the UK (due to the convenience for British passengers) as opposed to those booking the same cruise in the US.

You will also need to consider the T&C for that country you are booking through. The UK have far more restrictions and extra charges for changing details etc. than if booking through the US. I'm only guessing, but I'd bet there are far less cancellations in the UK near final payment date because deposits are non refundable. If you looking for a last minute guarantee cabin, you will not be able to change the cabin you are issued for free in the UK (you are able to move in the US if there is an available cabin in the same category). If you're not happy with any allocation, then you'll need to give this consideration.

I believe the final payment date is 75 in the US and 57 in the UK, unsure about Australia, however as Sue pointed out, if booking through a TA then the terms will be different. Again that is different country by country, and in the US if booked through a TA, X directly takes the money whereas in the UK it's the TA, unless you book through X direct :).

Thanks for your early responses.

Vikstar, I am just curious when other countries have their final payment date. Am hoping many people may cancel or rebook at their final opportunity which I know vary from country to country - hence the query as I am hoping this may be an opportune time to book, then again the speed our Australian Dollar is plummeting best I book today

Ah huh! I get it now. Clever thinking and yes the US against the AUD is terrible at the moment. I remember travelling when it was up around 1.02, sigh.

Keep in mind that if you wait until after final payments are due, the 123go may have ended. This doesnt mean you will pay more as prices could very well dropped far below what they are now. But they could also be the same but without the perks. Take for example my Jan 17, 2016 cruise, when I booked in December it was $6500, now it is over $8000, both with 123go perks. It is a total gamble what happens after final, if it is well booked it could be over $8000 , or it could be under $6500 if it is not well booked. And this could be with or without 123go with its many variants.