Notification of Cabin Assignment

carnivalman

I presume if you have a GTY, but no assigned cabin number, NCL will send you an e:mail when they slot you in a room? If not, then is the only way to find out is to periodically check the website?

I have read some people don't find out their assigned room until they get to the port.

GTY are assigned, usually after final payment, from xxx days out to typically 6 to 10 weeks out from embarkation - there are no specific rules about it, also could vary depending on the category booked & how full the cabins are, etc. - and, yes, one year we received our cabin # at pier check-in.

NCL does not email you about the assignment, just check in MYNCL as often as you would like, maybe once every other day - and, usually as in magic, GTY changed to a cabin #. This happened before eDocs are ready and also after eDocs are ready, and when the printed booklets were mailed out already - color-coded luggage tags WITHOUT cabin # on it, just our names.

Can I ask a related question, does the guarantee mean that even if we show cabins today for a March sailing mean that they could be changed up until the sail date? We are showing cabins today, but don't want everyone to get their hopes up if they will still likely change......thanks!

Generally, I've found that GTY cabins can be assigned at any time up until the sail date. Once you are assigned a cabin number, though, for better or worse, that will be your cabin number.

If you're unhappy with it, your only recourse is to request a paid upgrade to another cabin category (and it must be higher than your cabin category).

Generally, I've found that GTY cabins can be assigned at any time up until the sail date. Once you are assigned a cabin number, though, for better or worse, that will be your cabin number.

If you're unhappy with it, your only recourse is to request a paid upgrade to another cabin category (and it must be higher than your cabin category).

Possibly not so. Go back a few weeks if you wish or do a search. Seems someone was moved a while back after their GTY was assigned. Others have said it can change anytime up to boarding. I think mostly, once it is assigned you are likely to stay where you are. We don't do GTY's but many have posted on here that changes do happen.

Thanks! I told the others that it might change, but that is what it is showing so far......my wife and I are staying with our inside cabin.....not as cheap to upgrade a CAS comp as it would be for a normal booking......