Booze: The Legal Way

IndyDenise

Hi everyone ! I'm cruising March 15th on the Conquest and I need more alcohol.

I've already purchased one bottle of overpriced rum and one gift basket that includes a bottle of champagne from Bon Voyage. When I went to purchase more ( within an hour of the previous order ) I had a message that popped up and said I reached my stateroom limit.

Okay, fine be that way Carnival. I can live with that, or so I thought.

Well, I need another bottle ( or two ) of champagne for sailaway to share with my CC roll call. I know I can carry on one bottle of wine and that bottle of wine will be a bottle that is a local Roman wine purchased from Total Wines in Fort Lauderdale.

So in messing around last night it seemed that Bon Voyage was going to let me buy another bottle, no warning about " STOP! YOU ARE AN ALCOHOLIC AND NO MORE BOOZE FOR YOU" popped up this time.

My question is has anyone been successful in getting several orders of alcohol placed in their stateroom? If I place a new order the powers to be won't cancel my previous one will they?? I would hate to lose the rum and not find out until I got onboard.

Thanks!

I still bring my own. There's nothing illegal about it. I'm just very good about it.

If I wanted to bring my own I would have posted about smuggling. :confused:

I don't want to smuggle, I have no desire to smuggle. I don't care if someone else does , it's just not my style.

I do not intend to deprive Carnival of any profits that they deserve . I have always found the smugglers arguments quite amusing actually. " they make enough money off me" " prices are to high" " I buy a lot of drinks onboard anyway" " I'm Diamond" etc. These are many of the same arguments that I came across shoplifters during my retail management career. The same lame arguments that cause higher prices for everyone. Just once I want someone to say " I'm cheap and like to rip off off Carnival, that's why I smuggle but I'm also the first to complain if cruise prices are high"

So back to the original question.

Edited by IndyDenise

If I wanted to bring my own I would have posted about smuggling. :confused:

I don't want to smuggle, I have no desire to smuggle. I don't care if someone else does , it's just not my style.

I do not intend to deprive Carnival of any profits that they deserve . I have always found the smugglers arguments quite amusing actually. " they make enough money off me" " prices are to high" " I buy a lot of drinks onboard anyway" " I'm Diamond" etc. These are many of the same arguments that I came across shoplifters during my retail management career. The same lame arguments that cause higher prices for everyone. Just once I want someone to say " I'm cheap and like to rip off off Carnival, that's why I smuggle but I'm also the first to complain if cruise prices are high"

So back to the original question.

I'm not suggesting you smuggle. Just wanted to correct your subject line. Smuggling booze into a cruises ship or even into a hotel is not illegal.

I'm not suggesting you smuggle. Just wanted to correct your subject line. Smuggling booze into a cruises ship or even into a hotel is not illegal

Fair enough! I should have wrote " legal ".

I stand corrected!

Edited by IndyDenise

IndyDenise, I do not personally have experience with buying multiple bottles in advance from Fun Shops, but can say that from years of reading this board, I have never seen a post from anyone that their order got cancelled. I did read this online:

When pre-ordering liquor, there is now a 2 bottle maximum per cabin limit. This is a recent change from a 4 bottle limit. People have reported the new online order limit is currently only set up as a per order limit and have been able to create multiple orders to purchase additional bottles. Those who have been able to order once onboard have reported being able to order more in addition to their pre-order limit of 2 bottles; however, purchasing bottles onboard is not guaranteed.

I think that last part applies to liquor. You can purchase bottles of wine onboard.

Edited by winddawn

I've already purchased one bottle of overpriced rum and one gift basket that includes a bottle of champagne from Bon Voyage. When I went to purchase more ( within an hour of the previous order ) I had a message that popped up and said I reached my stateroom limit.

Well, I need another bottle ( or two ) of champagne for sailaway to share with my CC roll call. I know I can carry on one bottle of wine and that bottle of wine will be a bottle that is a local Roman wine purchased from Total Wines in Fort Lauderdale.

So in messing around last night it seemed that Bon Voyage was going to let me buy another bottle, no warning about " STOP! YOU ARE AN ALCOHOLIC AND NO MORE BOOZE FOR YOU" popped up this time.

My question is has anyone been successful in getting several orders of alcohol placed in their stateroom? If I place a new order the powers to be won't cancel my previous one will they?? I would hate to lose the rum and not find out until I got onboard.

Thanks!

I would think you'd be okay but you can always have a friend order a bottle through bon voyage for you, which is one of the purposes of bon voyage is to allow friends and families to buy you a gift for your cruise. They also sell bottles of wine once you are onboard, so you could just buy one then (might have to pay sales tax if you buy it for sail away).

Edited by sparks1093

I would think you'd be okay but you can always have a friend order a bottle through bon voyage for you, which is one of the purposes of bon voyage is to allow friends and families to buy you a gift for your cruise. They also sell bottles of wine once you are onboard, so you could just buy one then (might have to pay sales tax if you buy it for sail away).

Thank you! I'm thinking my hubby needs to buy my roll call a bottle or two of Barefoot Bubbly. No snark please but I actually like it.. Especially in Mimosas.

Thank you! I'm thinking my hubby needs to buy my roll call a bottle or two of Barefoot Bubbly. No snark please but I actually like it.. Especially in Mimosas.

Barefoot bubbly is fantastic in mimosas.... and its B1G1 free at my grocery store this week LOL

What if someone, like a mom who knows you are on your anniversary cruise but has no idea that you've already ordered your limit, goes in and wants to give you a gift?

A) that's one way around it, but

B) what would actually happen on "mom's side"? Would she get a message saying your cabin already reached it's limit?

:confused:

To the OP,

Just did Miracle in January and I did two on-line orders from Fun Shops. First order was champagne w/ strawberries plus beer package that came with a cooler. Second order was bottle of rum and bottle of vodka. I did them about a month apart, so as not to have all of that on one month credit card bill, and both were delivered to our room no problem. So if you have time before your cruise wait a bit and place another order.

Ken

Thanks!

Have u tried the name of the other person in the cabin?

Just cruising around the boardss and what do I find ... another alcohol question from a Conquestionable ... I love it! Hey, we will have a bottle for sail away ... provided I don't get thirsty the night before in the hotel after I have changed into my PJ's ....

maybe Andy can sneak it on board ... JK

Just cruising around the boardss and what do I find ... another alcohol question from a Conquestionable ... I love it! Hey, we will have a bottle for sail away ... provided I don't get thirsty the night before in the hotel after I have changed into my PJ's ....

Hiya CONQUESTIONABLE!

And to think this all started cause I wanted to give you some champagne at sail away!!

;) :)

Let's get Dan to do it :) he can put it in his holster

Nonetheless you can order a bottle of wine or champagne from any bar and carry the bottle with you anywhere and consume it anywhere it may be consumed. Since that is what OP is asking about she will be fine.

The OP wrote the following in post #1:

My question is has anyone been successful in getting
several orders of alcohol placed in their stateroom
?

Ordering the bottles of champagne at a bar would presumably avoid that restriction. That's certainly a good suggestion, but it wasn't what the OP was asking about.

Has anyone been successful buying a bottle of liquor at one of the bars?

The OP wrote the following in post #1:

Ordering the bottles of champagne at a bar would presumably avoid that restriction. That's certainly a good suggestion, but it wasn't what the OP was asking about.

Has anyone been successful buying a bottle of liquor at one of the bars?

I think that is my mistake. I am looking at the champagne gift basket I ordered as liquor since it counted as such online.

I didn't think about buying a bottle of champagne at a bar. That would be the best bet yet.