Beverages and Beverage Packages FAQ

ailetoile

We were just on the Equinox...I don't recall there being drink service in the Solarium. I was wondering about that. Thankfully the bar isn't too far away to get my own drink.

Stefani

We just disembarked the Eclipse. There were definitely drink stewards in the Solarium. Not as often as outside but they did circulate through.

I did see Tito's vodka on a recent list but not on this list. Does anyone know if Tito's is being served on board now?

Thank you to the Priesman's for such a wonderful wealth of information.

Alcohol list has changed since April 2015.

Thank you.

Another question. I booked my cruise with the Classic Drink Package and $300USD OBC included. My question is can I use my $300 OBC to upgrade my drink package to the Premium package before I embark ? Or can OBC on only be used onboard ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can you order a double scotch ? Or would that be classified a 2 drinks ?

That would work as along as the price for the double is still within the per drink cost. Ie on classic pkg, if it's under $8 no worries, over and they may charge you for it. Not an issue on Premium Pkg.

You must be proud of all of your hard work. It was exactly what I was looking for too, along with SO many others. This still going for almost a year. Good Job and Thank You.

Thanks! I'm working on transferring this information to a website so that I can move away from this thread thing where the most recent update is often buried.

does anyone know if a drink package chosen as one of the 4 OBC options can be transferred to someone in a different cabin ?

I do not believe that it can be.

Can you order a double scotch ? Or would that be classified a 2 drinks ?

As others have said, I believe that it depends on both the beverage package that you have and on the bartender. Since I've seen both "yes" and "no" answers to this question over the years, the best way to get the answer for your particular cruise is to ask while on board.

Also, and I hope this isn't off topic,

I read a review which mentioned that drink service was not available in the Solarium Pool, is this correct ? I like the idea of having drinks serviced to me without getting up going to the bar. Traveling on Solstice. Thanks

Beverage service in the Solarium Pool seems to be pretty hit or miss. I frequently swim there while on my limited number of cruises, and I've seen the occasional person taking drink orders but those have been few and far between. You are probably better off going to the bar or bringing your own if you would like to enjoy a drink by this particular poolside.

I did see Tito's vodka on a recent list but not on this list. Does anyone know if Tito's is being served on board now?

Thank you to the Priesman's for such a wonderful wealth of information

I recall my father drinking Tito's vodka on our last cruise in March of 2015. I don't know if it is still available.

I'd also like to clarify that while I've linked to the Priesman's website, I am not affiliated with that family in any way :)

Another question. I booked my cruise with the Classic Drink Package and $300USD OBC included. My question is can I use my $300 OBC to upgrade my drink package to the Premium package before I embark ? Or can OBC on only be used onboard ?

Onboard credit can only be used while on the ship. You can upgrade your packages beforehand with a credit card, or you can wait until you set foot on the ship to upgrade with onboard credit.

Can anyone specify what is in the standard package? Are there any fruity cocktails? (Margarita, daiquiri etc) Also the beers? I see everything listed for classic and premium but nothing for standard. Also, I saw you post about sailings leaving out of Australia prices being more with the gratuity included. We are sailing out of Australia so would that change what's available for the 6 dollar beers, etc. ? Thank you in advance!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Can anyone specify what is in the standard package? Are there any fruity cocktails? (Margarita, daiquiri etc) Also the beers? I see everything listed for classic and premium but nothing for standard. Also, I saw you post about sailings leaving out of Australia prices being more with the gratuity included. We are sailing out of Australia so would that change what's available for the 6 dollar beers, etc. ? Thank you in advance!!!

The price limits for the Standard Package should be ~$7 ($7.08 to be exact) on sailings out of Australia. That would be the $6 + $1.08 (18% gratuity). ALL of the drink prices on board will be "higher" along with the higher beverage package limit to reflect the gratuity included in the purchase price.

There should be some beers included in the package, although I imagine it'll be a pretty limited selection. Cocktails and frozen drinks up to the $7.08 limit are included as well. I have never actually sailed on a cruise that offered the Standard package, so I am simply going off of the information that has been available on these message boards and through Celebrity's website.

This information is reflected in the most updated version of the PDF, which I am actually attaching here since it seems to be pretty thoroughly buried at this point.

Bev Package FAQ.pdf

Edited by ailetoile

Thank you to the Priesman's for such a wonderful wealth of information.

Alcohol list has changed since April 2015.

Thank you.

Yes, Titos still on Classic package in 12/15.

Much thanks to OP for extensive info.

Happy cruising!

I've attached the drinks package list that someone has posted before. I think it relates more to aussie cruises as it has the aussie beers - in the classic and premium package only. If we didn't get the free classic package we would have bought it anyway as the standard doesn't include much.

Drinks Packages.pdf

I see that this thread was started in February 2015.

Can anyone tell me if the prices for the various drink packages are still the same as in post #1 here please?

I have not been able to find a more recent list, but perhaps the prices are still the same. :)

They are not the same any longer. The most recent PDF can be found in post 432.

I'm working on moving the information to a website so that I can just update a single FAQ that won't get buried in a thread like it is right now. I'll talk to the moderators of this board about linking out to that website as soon as it's in a presentable state.

I've heard that Aqua Class no longer receives complimentary bubbly in their cabin, as the first page mentions. Is this true?

Also, instead of 2 bottles of wine per room - how about boxed wine with the same as 2 standard bottles? Most people think of this wine as cheap, but there are some decent brands...and they keep out oxygen better than the bottles while storing.

Will they fit in the refrigerator?

Thank you for pulling all of this together in one thread! This information is hard to compile, and we are trying to plan for a trip in 2017 to make it as nice an experience as possible. :)

They are not the same any longer. The most recent PDF can be found in post 432.

I'm working on moving the information to a website so that I can just update a single FAQ that won't get buried in a thread like it is right now. I'll talk to the moderators of this board about linking out to that website as soon as it's in a presentable state.

Another question in the hope you can help again :confused:

On the Celebrity UK page, it says that if you purchase the packages once on board, then the prices will be higher than if you prereserve them. I have not read this on any of the drink package threads on here. Can anyone please advise me about this and share their experiences with me?

I've heard that Aqua Class no longer receives complimentary bubbly in their cabin, as the first page mentions. Is this true?

Also, instead of 2 bottles of wine per room - how about boxed wine with the same as 2 standard bottles? Most people think of this wine as cheap, but there are some decent brands...and they keep out oxygen better than the bottles while storing.

Will they fit in the refrigerator?

Thank you for pulling all of this together in one thread! This information is hard to compile, and we are trying to plan for a trip in 2017 to make it as nice an experience as possible. :)

By all recent reports you will still find a bottle of sparkling wine in your cabin when you arrive plus two small, free bottles of water...no more water daily though.

It isn't a refrigerator, it's really a cooler with limited cooling capability and with limited space....enough for water bottles, but iffy for even a 750ml bottle of wine. Some ask their cabin attendant to remove all of the 'for sale" items to free up space for their use.

As far as boxes of wine, all reports I've seen say that you are allowed two 750ml BOTTLES of wine per cabin when you board....and the security folks do not accept that a box is the same as a bottle. Your mileage may differ, but expect that they may not let you take it on board and will hold it in storage to be returned to you on the last night of your cruise. I have never tried to bring a box of wine on board...we never buy them for whatever reason.

All reports are that you will pay an additional $10.80 per day when upgrading from the classic to the premium drink package...whether you do it before or during the cruise. As far as I know, the UK site is apparently wrong unless they are suddenly charging UK cruisers a different upgrade price than everyone else which is very doubtful.

By all recent reports you will still find a bottle of sparkling wine in your cabin when you arrive plus two small, free bottles of water...no more water daily though.

It isn't a refrigerator, it's really a cooler with limited cooling capability and with limited space....enough for water bottles, but iffy for even a 750ml bottle of wine. Some ask their cabin attendant to remove all of the 'for sale" items to free up space for their use.

As far as boxes of wine, all reports I've seen say that you are allowed two 750ml BOTTLES of wine per cabin when you board....and the security folks do not accept that a box is the same as a bottle. Your mileage may differ, but expect that they may not let you take it on board and will hold it in storage to be returned to you on the last night of your cruise. I have never tried to bring a box of wine on board...we never buy them for whatever reason.

Okay - that is helpful! However, I know that I read somewhere that Aqua Class gets 2 free bottles of water a day. I'll see if I can find that. :confused:

We will be transferring to another TA, as we have a lot that we'd like to do in Sydney. Our TA told us that all the "perks" TA's or Celebrity offers are not offered on re-positioning cruises. I'm sad to say, that I don't know if I believe that. We are feeling a little sad that we were offered no beverage or OBC perks while booking with our original TA. Our friends first booked, so we quickly followed suit to be sure to get close cabins or at least a similar booking.

Edited by dustyroadrunner

Okay - that is helpful! However, I know that I read somewhere that Aqua Class gets 2 free bottles of water a day. I'll see if I can find that. :confused:

We will be transferring to another TA, as we have a lot that we'd like to do in Sydney. She told us that all the "perks" TA's or Celebrity offers are not offered on re-positioning cruises. I'm sad to say, that I don't know if I believe that. We are feeling a little cheated that we were offered no beverage or OBC perks while booking with our original TA.

Some months back, Celebrity stopped giving daily bottles of water to Aqua Class with no announcement....and that's just the way it is even though you may have been told you do get bottled water each day when you booked. Celebrity really doesn't seem to care that many have complained loudly about that change. Welcome to the club....

The good/better/best packages are not offered on transatlantics or repositioning cruises...that's always been documented. There have been exceptions as marketing programs, but it's very rare. You weren't cheated....

Edited by ghstudio

I just spoke to Scott in Celebrity Customer Service.

Apparently one does get a bottle of "sparking wine," in their stateroom on the day of embarkation.

And you were right that there are only the 2 bottles of water on embarkation day. There is no other bottled water delivered to the stateroom during the cruise, unless you purchase it with room service of course.

Thanks again!

Some months back, Celebrity stopped giving daily bottles of water to Aqua Class with no announcement....and that's just the way it is even though you may have been told you do get bottled water each day when you booked. Celebrity really doesn't seem to care that many have complained loudly about that change. Welcome to the club....

The good/better/best packages are not offered on transatlantics or repositioning cruises...that's always been documented. There have been exceptions as marketing programs, but it's very rare. You weren't cheated....

Thank you for that. We chose the repositioning cruise, as our friends live in Hawaii and that will be one end of the cruise. We have all wanted to go dive The Great Barrier Reef, and see New Zealand too. Long days at sea even seem attractive, as we ALL just recently retired.

Now to figure out what we want to do for drinks - we may order the bottles of wine package as we are not big drinkers, but do like the occasional glass, and it is for half a month. The per day beverage packages are just out of line for such a long cruise in our opinion.

Oddly enough, pre-paid gratuities for the same cruise in 2017 were $10.00 LESS than the 2016 cruise, even though we upgraded. I'm not going to look a gift horse.... And yes, we opted to go ahead and pay gratuities now so there wouldn't be any "surprise" cost changes.

The cruise we have booked in 2017 is surprisingly full already. It seems it is becoming a popular destination. ;)

Has anyone seen a list of the prices of the various drinks on the Solstice.

I saw one from a few years ago, but am wondering what the prices are now. Knowing this will help us to decide whether to get the drinks package or not.

If you are in Celebrity Cruises here, I think under Solstice - there is a recent thread where someone kindly posted pictures of food and drink menus. I'm sure that it doesn't cover ALL drinks, but it might be of help. I'll see if I can find the exact link for you.

Here it is - you need to let all the photos load, and it is 2 pages worth. I hope you find it helpful;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2298377&highlight=solstice

I think at least the Classic Pkg would be worth it.

Try my drink package calculator and see which packaged offer value! I posted this on a different thread but have recently update to reflect latest pricings. There is also a link to leave some feedback or suggestions, all of which would be most appreciated. Cheers!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NR5hlMjY0zh5c6WWe88iITw1taOAAO_6-TYCA2SWU4U/edit?usp=docslist_api

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice spread sheet! :D

Just ordering without assuming complimentary drinks at MDR, we came in under the lowest drink packages without alcohol. So I guess not buying a drink package is right for us.

Survey done.

Prices for the drink packages and upgrades are priced per night, and not per day. So you'll be charged for the remaining nights of the cruise regardless of what time of day you purchase. So there will be no price difference between upgrading at 7AM vs. 3PM.

I have no idea what the cut off time is if you were to buy a package late at night.

They do cut off sales a few days before the end of the cruise so be sure to ask about the cutoff date once you are on board if you are planning on waiting until the end.

Good information! Our cruise boards just minutes before midnight...wouldn't want to pay for that night! :eek:

We will likely "pay as we go."

I think it's a great spreadsheet. I used it to see what the true value of the classic package was to me, given that I'm at the elite plus level so I get coffee's free and the cocktail hour of drinks at night...and I get OJ at the elite breakfast.

The classic package for my next cruise would cost $1233 if I bought it myself.

The value of the package to me, based on the spreadsheet is $544 because I get some drinks/oj free due to captain's club level. That goes up to $1015 if I am not elite...so being elite is worth $471 to me...wow...great.

Interesting...I should never actually buy a classic drink package, but as a good/better perk, $544 is still better than the $300 OBC, free gratuities or unlimited internet.

I also looked at what happens if I skip the free elite cocktails and upgrade my drinks (good vodka, bourbon) but still have the free classic package. I would wind up paying $538 in addition to the included classic package. That makes no sense, so an upgrade for $141.60 would be the right choice.

Thanks for the work....much appreciated and interesting.

Edited by ghstudio

If you are in Celebrity Cruises here, I think under Solstice - there is a recent thread where someone kindly posted pictures of food and drink menus. I'm sure that it doesn't cover ALL drinks, but it might be of help. I'll see if I can find the exact link for you.

Here it is - you need to let all the photos load, and it is 2 pages worth. I hope you find it helpful;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2298377&highlight=solstice

Thanks for this. I'll take a look at it. :)