Xmas cruise?

ladywales

Hi everyone. I am new here. Love cruising with P&O and we were wondering if anyone has done a fly there and back Xmas and new yr cruise. We really want to book one of these but people have tried to out us off by saying there r 100's of children on board. We have never had any problems with children when cruising before. They r usually rather well behaved. Any advice welcome pls.

Edited by ladywales

Hi Sharon and thank u so much for the reply. We quite fancy doing that cruise as well. We are off on a Caribbean cruise shortly for the 1st time and wondered about doing that for Xmas. I am sure lots of people here have been for the Xmas hols. Sounds exciting. Thx again for ur reply. I am new and just finding my way around.

We have done two P&O festive cruises in the Caribbean, both on Ventura. I can honestly say that we hardly saw a child at all. I think they are well occupied in the kids clubs all day and whilst we were told there were 300 kids onboard, we saw very few. I would not let the issue bother you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi everyone. I am new here. Love cruising with P&O and we were wondering if anyone has done a fly there and back Xmas and new yr cruise. We really want to book one of these but people have tried to out us off by saying there r 100's of children on board. We have never had any problems with children when cruising before. They r usually rather well behaved. Any advice welcome pls.

We did the New Year cruise and there were quite a lot of children but none were a problem. There was a large group of adults who weren't so but generally it was very good cruise and I cannot see why you wouldn't enjoy it.

Thank u dgs1956 for ur reply too. We have been a few times with P&O and the children have never been a nuisance. I think the couple that tried to put us off were completely exaggerating. Anyway at Xmas I more of a kid than anyone. lol. Thx for ur help.

Hi Ladywales,

We've done xmas / new year cruises for the past six or seven years, and done both Azura and Ventura with P&O. Although there have been children on board, they have not been a problem, although some of the "teenagers" have given the staff a few headaches at times!

We've occasionally heard children running down the corridor outside our cabin in the early hours, and we've had the xmas decorations 'disappear' from outside the cabin (not on P&O though). These xmas cruises have been very enjoyable on the whole, and we're doing it again this year on Britannia.

The charter flight cruises are brilliant. You put your luggage in at the airport and see it next in your cabin. Fly into Barbados and you're straight off the plane onto a bus and to the ship. No going through customs or immigration or picking up your luggage. Its much more of a relaxing way to start your holiday.

Don't be put off by some folks saying that the cruise in "overrun with children", as my experience hasn't been the case. I'm sure you'll enjoy your cruise and it's so much nicer being in the warmth when it's freezing - and even snowing - at home!

Happy cruising.

Hi HomelessBear. What a fantastic post. U all have made my mind up now. It will definitely be the Caribbean for Xmas and new yr now. I totally agree about spending the festive season in the warmth. We have never been away at Xmas before so really looking forward to it. Thx again to everyone who replied. There is a lovely friendly bunch of people here. Glad I joined. [emoji6][emoji6]

We have also been on P&O Azura a few times at Christmas and had a great holiday. Yes children were on board but they were no problems that we encountered with them. Nothing beats the sunshine at Christmas for us, so much so we are also booked on Britannia for this Christmas/New Year and so looking forward to it. Hope this helps you.

Regards

W&P

Edited by Wull92