Oasis vs Allure Pricing

dodgeenterprises

I've been pricing out cruises for next year. Ideally I would like to go on the Allure, because this year I travelled on the Oasis. For all of the dates that I have been viewing, it appears that the Allure is priced considerably higher than the Oasis. I am just curious why this is? I have hard justifying paying considerably more $ for basically the same ship. I understand the concept of supply and demand, but for all the dates I have been looking at it, it seems like the Allure has more rooms available.

We can take an educated guess. As you said, supply and demand are the ultimate factor used in pricing/yield management. And a major factor for these two ships is that the Oasis is a Saturday cruise and the Allure a Sunday cruise. In the 7 day market (especially in the winter) a majority of cruisers are of working age and many prefer to get to the port the day before embarkation. So Sunday works best for many folks since they can work their full work week and then fly to FLL on Saturday, relax at hotel overnight, and go to the port on Sunday.

It is nearly impossible to accurately how well each ship is booking since many cabins are "blocked out" by various groups, agencies, and consortiums and do not show in the inventory. It is only when you get inside the final payment period that you can start to get a sense on how well is ship is booked.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner