Fttf

lovevacadays

There is a separate line at guest services for Platimum/Diamond and FTTF. There was a note in our stateroom the first time we had a tender port, but other than that No special instructions. Here's the benefits from CCL:

Priority Check-in

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes for initial embarkation at onset of cruise.

Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining).

Priority Tender Boarding

We hope you take advantage of Carnival's Excursions. If you choose to explore the destination on your own, you will have the option to choose a priority tender from the ship to shore.

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late debarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

That's awesome. Thanks so much. :)

AFter I booked through a PVP I asked about FTTF - she had never heard of it and didn't have any idea what it was. I was told on the site that shall remain nameless to just go to the excursions and book it myself - which I did.

That's a pretty scary thought...:confused: :eek:

I learned from my first cruise the benefits of having fttf. Trying to lug around a personal bag, carry-on, soda, water and wine was a chore. We had it for our cruise last August on the Breeze and for our upcoming July cruise on the Breeze. It's definitely a must for us on the larger ships. There are only so many places open when boarding. Trying to navigate 3600 people with the above mentioned items would've been a nightmare especially considering most were on the lido deck where the buffet was located. I read about fttf on here and tried unsuccessfully for 2 months to get it. Then I happen to check one night and sure enough there were 7 available. I snatched 2 up quick. We were a party of 7 with two cabins. We arrived at the port around 10:30 and it was already a mad house. They have a dedicated line for check-in with no wait. We boarded around 11:15 after the priority guests and wedding parties. Rooms were ready and our luggage came shortly there after. We freshened up, ate lunch, toured the ship and hit the hot tubs all before the crowds boarded. Not to mention, no waiting in long lines for customer service, getting reservations at the steak restaurant on captain's night and priority debarkation. Money well spent:)

They just opened up more FTTF for my April cruise last night. There were 13 left when I purchased it for our 2 rooms. I looked again today just to see and there were 4 left.

Normally I wouldn't get it, but this is my first time cruising with a kid (a 20 month old at that!) So I know I'm going to have a million extra things, so being able to not wait to board with the masses, dropping off the millions of extra things that a toddler requires, and not waiting in line for our tensor port. I look at it as 50 dollars to save some small piece of my sanity. :p

For me, it is nice as a solo to get on and drop off my bags. Well worth it just for that. This trip i am taking a redeye, and i am glad i don't have to wait around to get on and of i need to i can take a nap. Best 50 bucks ever!

That's my situation too, I'm not in any kind of hurry, but I can go to my cabin right away I can drop off my stuff and not have to juggle luggage while trying to get something to eat :)

I wasn't able to get FTTF for my cruise next week, and since it's fully booked I doubt any will open up. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Is there priority tender line for getting back on board or just leaving? Thank you!

We used it for Belize. I didn't see a separate line for coming back. But we came back way before scheduled time, so there wasn't a line anyway.

That's my situation too, I'm not in any kind of hurry, but I can go to my cabin right away I can drop off my stuff and not have to juggle luggage while trying to get something to eat :)

I wasn't able to get FTTF for my cruise next week, and since it's fully booked I doubt any will open up. :(

That in and of itself is worth every penny of it! Our second cruise will be in Aug and I am looking forward to it. Our first cruise 10 years ago we didn't have that option and it was a pain and the butt to have to haul our carry ons all over the ship until we could go to our room. our plan is when we board, I make a beeline to the shore excursions to get the behind the fun tour tix while my hubby goes to our room to drop off stuff then proceed to lunch.

I think it is a pertinent choice for many, depending on what their needs are.

I used it last November on my Freedom cruise out of Port Everglades, because I have a slight mobility problem, as well as difficulty standing for more than 10 mins without incurring leg and back pain. Also, it was worth the 50.00 for me because I knew I would be at the port check in early, and the perk of dropping my carry on into my room upon boarding was a plus. there were no tender ports on my cruise, but I also enjoyed a couple of visits to Guest services, and got to get into the shorter line. My checked baggage was at my room by 2pm, could have been earlier, but I was not in the room when it arrived. FTTF worked for me.

Will I use it on my next cruise later this year? I am not sure yet. I hope to be in better physical condition, and not have the mobility/standing/leg/back problems but am still working on that. I am just not sure yet, but it was definitely a good deal for me this last Nov. It is not important to me to have the suitcase arrive by 2pm, just as long as I get it some time before sailaway:D but even later than that, just want to get it. Also guest services line...I can live with the regular line. But just will wait a while to see if 50.00, vs, time I expect to arrive at ship/as well as how long I might have to wait in check in line...I will still give it some thought before doing it again.

Edited by SMSACE6