Nieuw Amsterdam and DVD Players

HALaftSuitesfor2

Does anyone recall whether the DVD players in the cabins are Blue Ray? We would like to bring some of our own stuff this year. Last year, TA, we had to have quite a few selections ready since the first or second wasn't available.

We bought a vey SMALL Sony BR disc player from Costco for about $50.00 that is smaller than a keyboard. We used it last cruise with our own Blue ray discs & it worked great. We are taking the Complete Sopranos Series BR with us to Alaska in Sept. & the disc player fits right in my carryon purse! I know some Dvd's come with an alternate to the BR but not this series so we can watch them all (if we don't finish them before Sept. here at home!) Just a way to avoid looking for something on board ship & you have already seen them all.

There weren't any HDMI inputs on the Nieuw Amsterdam televisions we had in the fall.

I'm sorry I don't know about the HDMI cables!! I know we use at home for Fire HD (amazon). Sony BR players (2) & one for the Sat/CAT. We hook all those up to a AV receiver & I just change whenever needed. On the cruise, we had the cable & the engineer came & allowed us access to the cable port needed which was just one. He made a remark that it was a great player we had. But from there I don't know what else was needed if anything. Obviously, we had at least one port for the HDMI & we did bring our own- experience had taught us a few things! DH is the electronics expert in the family - I will ask him & see if I explained what we used, etc.

It sure was nice to watch what we wanted to even though there was plenty of TV. We were in the Caribbean then not Alaska. Plus we are sailing on the Westerdam & we were on X's Celebrity when we used the Player.

Edited by Quendryth

On the cruise, we had the cable & the engineer came & allowed us access to the cable port needed which was just one. He made a remark that it was a great player we had. But from there I don't know what else was needed if anything. Obviously, we had at least one port for the HDMI & we did bring our own- experience had taught us a few things!

Maybe there's a cover over the port? It wasn't visible or easily accessible. The reason I noticed is that someone asked while we were on the ship, so I looked. It's good that they got someone to hook it up for you.