copenhagen port to airport

Does anyone know how far it is from the port to the airport? What is the approximate taxi fare, or is there another way to go? We will have some heavy suitcases, so I think bus or train would not be easy, but are there private cars people have used?

Hi,

You got several replies to this question when you posted it on the Europe board.

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=109097554&m=527101041

Sounds like a taxi would be your best bet. I have been researching Copenhagen and our other Baltic ports for almost a year, and have not seen a reference from anyone about a private transportation service in Copenhagen.

Julie

Deuteronomy 4:29

<')))><

Grand Princess 8/17/04 Baltic B2B with 8/27/04 Transatlantic & 11/27/04 Western Caribbean

Airport is not far from cruise port. If you wanted to save on taxi to airport, then take taxi to main train station in Copenhagen, then take train directly to airport. This is what I plan to do. I used to live in Copenhagen, and I know this can all be easily achieved. Here is a link that I hope will work which if from the Copenhagen airport, Kastrup, that has information on train transportation www.cph.dk/CPH/UK/main/getting+here/by+train/index.htm Hope you enjoy Wonderful Copenhagen, it's a beautiful city.

Steve

Julie, thanks for your help. Someone suggested that I cross post from the Europe Board to the Balkan site, so I did so.

I thank everyone for all the advice.

These message boards are a valuable tool in helping us benefit from the expertise of those who want to share. I am most grateful.

I found this at Frommers.com

Hopefully I am not breaking any rules posting this.

"You arrive at Kastrup Airport) 12km (7 1/4 miles) from the center of Copenhagen. Air-rail trains link the airport with the Central Railway Station in the center of Copenhagen. The ride takes only 11 minutes, and costs 22.50DKK ($2.95). Located right underneath the airport's arrivals and departure halls, the Air Rail Terminal is just a short escalator ride from the gates. You can also take an SAS bus to the city terminal; the fare is 22.50DKK ($2.95). A taxi to the city center costs around 128DKK($17.00)"

At frommers they info on how to get too and from every city! Hope this helps.

I have just requested a quote from Port Promotions from the Copenhagen airport to the port and was quoted $100 for a party of two with four pieces of luggage; Carey Limousine service is very very expensive and charge by the hour starting at $185.00 per hour;

Hope this helps; Princess transfer is $40 pp from the airport to the port.

Deanna

Princess charge for 2 people would be $80. That makes the cost of a taxi less than 1/2 that of the cruiseline transfer.

Our experience has been that taxi's are almost always less expensive - and much more convenient. IMHO It's better to arrive at the port by taxi than in a bus load of other passengers to line up with.

<')))><

Grand Princess 8/17/04 Baltic B2B with 8/27/04 Transatlantic & 11/27/04 Western Caribbean

I'm planning on taking a cab from the airport to our hotel and then from the hotel to the ship in June, (only 41 days from now!!!!!). I'll report back when I return for all of you who are going later.

So where is the port, anyway? We tend to travel by public transport vs taxi whenever feasible, but I don't know how to plan to get to the port.

Also, if the ship leaves at 5, what is the latest we can arrive? I want to spend as much time in Copenhagen as possible.

http://home.earthlink.net/~danamcmahan/

**Noordam Aug 1, 2004 Jewels of the Baltic**

We plan to take the train from the airport to the central rail station. From there we will take a taxi to our hotel. If we were going directly to the port, I would take a taxi to the port.

I have read that Copenhagen has good bus transportation and you can probably take a bus from the rail station to the port - or at least a stop near the port. You should be able to get the information at the central rail station. There was also a post by someone suggesting that schlepping their luggage on the public bus to their hotel was not a good choice to have made.

<')))><

Archived