Seconds with the UDP

biga92

So I'll be sailing on the Getaway in a couple weeks. This is my first time on any cruise line that isn't RCCL and am nervous/excited.

Anyways, we decided to bite the bullet, spend the extra $100 get an oceanview cabin and get the Ultimate Dining Package (we are under 25 and sadly couldn't get the UBP).

My question is this: I'm so used to being able to order multiple main courses in the main dining room, or at least multiple appetizers. Would I be able to order seconds without getting charged?

I spoke to someone on NCL's chat service and they said yes, but I wanted to hear from you guys.

So I'll be sailing on the Getaway in a couple weeks. This is my first time on any cruise line that isn't RCCL and am nervous/excited.

Anyways, we decided to bite the bullet, spend the extra $100 get an oceanview cabin and get the Ultimate Dining Package (we are under 25 and sadly couldn't get the UBP).

My question is this: I'm so used to being able to order multiple main courses in the main dining room, or at least multiple appetizers. Would I be able to order seconds without getting charged?

I spoke to someone on NCL's chat service and they said yes, but I wanted to hear from you guys.

The only place I know of that you would get charged for seconds is for entrees at Cagney's. Otherwise, you can order as much as you want (though I think you will be too stuffed to do so).

The only place I know of that you would get charged for seconds is for entrees at Cagney's. Otherwise, you can order as much as you want (though I think you will be too stuffed to do so).

Thanks.

I'm a regular at Benihana, I can easily do 2 (or more) orders of fried rice and an entree. Looking forward to Teppanyaki.

(we are under 25 and sadly couldn't get the UBP).

Out of curiosity, why couldn't you get the UBP? According to the terms and conditions for the current promotion, it's not available to those under 25 for sailings between 3/1 and 4/15. Is it because your sailing includes that range? I wasn't sure whether to interpret the terms and conditions to mean the first date of the cruise or any date of the cruise that might fall in that range.

Thanks.

I'm a regular at Benihana, I can easily do 2 (or more) orders of fried rice and an entree. Looking forward to Teppanyaki.

We can also usually do 2 orders at Benihana. But at Teppanyaki, we couldn't even finish one. They give you a TON of food there. Both times we ate there, lots of rice was leftover after they dished it out to everyone. No one at the table could take more after trying to finish the first round.

Out of curiosity, why couldn't you get the UBP? According to the terms and conditions for the current promotion, it's not available to those under 25 for sailings between 3/1 and 4/15. Is it because your sailing includes that range? I wasn't sure whether to interpret the terms and conditions to mean the first date of the cruise or any date of the cruise that might fall in that range.

We're sailing 2/28. It's any cruise that includes those dates. Oh well. Eat more drink less.

UDP Frequently Asked Questions:

Q. ARE ANY MENU ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. No, all items listed on the menus are included in the package. Additional entrée charges also apply for dining at Cagney’s Steakhouse and Le Bistro.

http://www.ncl.com/udp/faq

Unfortunately, there are TWO contradictory FAQs about this.

The "other one" states that there is a charge for an extra entree at Cagney's (but doesn't mention Le Bistro).

As of this past December/January's holiday cruise on the Pearl, there was no charge for a second entree in Le Bistro.

To be more precise, there was a charge, just as there was a charge for the dinner itself. However, one one presents their cabin or suite card, with the UDP sticker on it, the "total cost" comes back zero'd out.

NO charge at all.

We didn't have this situation in Cagney's so I can't speak to what happens "in reality" there.

GeezerCouple