Conquest Class Connecting Oceanview Cabin Noise

sjn911

How have folks found the connecting cabin noise to be for oceanviews on Main or Riviera Conquest class?? Does a towel stuffed against door bottom about handle it...??

Considering one with that choice left..not doing an interior next time...

Thanks...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

We were in an oceanview connecting cabin on the Freedom in September and we heard next to no noise. There was one afternoon that we could hear things, but we never heard anything the rest of the cruise. We didn't put a towel down or anything.

True sid 9169...it has a good chance of being better than the vaulting kids I had on each side of a veranda inside last cruise with just walls..all the folks across the hall!!

Edited by sjn911

You will not see everything available online-- call and see what else is left.

I would not take a connecting cabin. I am not taking the chance that I get stuck with the older couple who cant hear and listen to the TV at a high volumn-- and have very loud conversations.

Or get stuck next to the kids who do nothing but fight all week.

You will not see everything available online-- call and see what else is left.

I would not take a connecting cabin. I am not taking the chance that I get stuck with the older couple who cant hear and listen to the TV at a high volumn-- and have very loud conversations.

Or get stuck next to the kids who do nothing but fight all week.

Thanks Serene...really this is good advice to go with first, maybe not worth the cruise at above a certain oceanview rate I have picked and must be in right step up cabin this time around..I hate as a solo to be next to those room types anywhere in a hotel..my worst..the toe clipper in an old Hotel in Austin..every am and evening to the dozing and then "toe nail clipping"..LOL..gives one the willies.....Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Thanks Serene...really this is good advice to go with first, maybe not worth the cruise at above a certain oceanview rate I have picked and must be in right step up cabin this time around..I hate as a solo to be next to those room types anywhere in a hotel..my worst..the toe clipper in an old Hotel in Austin..every am and evening to the dozing and then "toe nail clipping"..LOL..gives one the willies.....Sarah

I am a receptionist at my job and was reading the above posts as I was answering the phone-- poor guy as I was LOL as I said good afternoon

Only once that I had a connecting room and that was on the Liberty, Riviera deck. I had a cough, that had lingered from a flu bug that I was long over, and did not cough daytime, but soon as I lay down for the night, I coughed/dry hacking cough.

It must have bothered the folks next door, because they banged on the wall one night. Funny thing is they were coughing too, day and night (and smoking in their room) because we could smell it. That was back in 2009, so I dont remember if smoking in the room was allowed or not at that time, and I certainly did not feel the need to report it or complain to anyone. I just found it odd that while they coughed day and night, my coughing till I got to sleep was enough to upset them to bang on the wall.

Given that experience alone, I will never book a connecting room again if I can avoid it. But that is just me, and as others say , it will depend on your neighbors.

As for the room, it was smooth, no motion, quiet (other than their coughing next door, and banging on the wall which they only did one night), and I am a big fan of room on riviera deck.

Thanks all for help considering and fun conversation!!!!

I just found this....my sentiments on what surprisingly drove me nuts...in Austin...

“For discipline is imposed not just on oneself but on those in one's orbit.”

― Philip Roth, Exit Ghost

Godspeed all...

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Conquest and our main deck ocean view room had a connecting door and in the future I will make sure we dont! Never before have we been able to hear conversations from the cabin next door but this time we could. And it just happened to be our friends in the cabin and they could hear us talking also!

Just off the Conquest and our main deck ocean view room had a connecting door and in the future I will make sure we dont! Never before have we been able to hear conversations from the cabin next door but this time we could. And it just happened to be our friends in the cabin and they could hear us talking also!

Oooh, not too good... with family or friends unless it is mom dad and kids...not good. I decided not to to it...thanks...Sarah