Aqua Suites on Reflection - RIP

hichachoc

Looks like I'll be in Aqua Suite 2109 next week as one of its farewell AS pax! I am normally a "suite person," and booked the AS as a way to give the Aqua experience a try. I would add that one of the perks that will be lost when these cabins are converted to sky suites is the Persian Gardens access. I love PG, and pay for it when I book a suite. I can't remember how much it costs exactly, but seems like it was around $200 pp for 7 night cruise.

I am a little disappointed that Luminae won't be up and running, yet. I wasn't counting on it, of course, and I want to try Blu, but knowing it's coming soon, I'll feel like I missed out!

There have been some reports about Persian Garden's access for suite guests, obviously it's not a listed perk, and not sure if it will be offered for all suites, Michael's Club Suites, or on a case by case basis. I won't be surprised it it happens or becomes more common.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

In the end, I suspect you're right they'll many will still go at discounted rates as the number of cabins is greater than demand on these more standard itineraries.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

On the other hand, the original pricing (even if it's never discounted) for S1or S2 offers inexpensive access to Luminae. With 123Go all inclusive packaging and the suite perks (even non-Michaels), it's been quite an attractive choice for me. So those may sell pretty well if Luminae is well-received.

On the other hand, the original pricing (even if it's never discounted) for S1or S2 offers inexpensive access to Luminae. With 123Go all inclusive packaging and the suite perks (even non-Michaels), it's been quite an attractive choice for me. So those may sell pretty well if Luminae is well-received.

Very true, and I agree on every ship, except maybe Reflection. Since Reflection has has the most dining options, those other options besides Luminae interest people. Since they may want to try other restaurants, it discounts the value of the set dining room. There is also a lot more inventory on Reflection than other ships, ad mich of that inventory is in less than desirable locations (under pool deck, large overhang). Of course it will vary, sailing by sailing but I don't think it will greatly increase the demand for these suites.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Looks like I'll be in Aqua Suite 2109 next week as one of its farewell AS pax! I am normally a "suite person," and booked the AS as a way to give the Aqua experience a try. I would add that one of the perks that will be lost when these cabins are converted to sky suites is the Persian Gardens access. I love PG, and pay for it when I book a suite. I can't remember how much it costs exactly, but seems like it was around $200 pp for 7 night cruise.

I am a little disappointed that Luminae won't be up and running, yet. I wasn't counting on it, of course, and I want to try Blu, but knowing it's coming soon, I'll feel like I missed out!

We were on a RS on the Reflection last summer and were given access to the PG.

I like the overhang! I'm at the age that I don't like to lie in the sun, I already have enough wrinkles! Prefer shade, and a balcony that can be enjoyed even if it's raining. It's a subjective thing.

If you love the overhang, then you will totally love this Aqua Suite stateroom with it's larger angled balcony bump-out. I spent 15 days in this room and it was heaven! You don't hear noise from above and the only disturbance I had was during some rough seas causing the wall to creak for a short period of time on Day 13. Otherwise, I would book this room again in a heartbeat (or the mirror image Sky Suite 2108).

Numbers never made sense to me....more pax were added in AQ suites (not limited to 2) and not that many seats added to BLU on Reflection . We never had to wait but we dine early and it did get crowded at times...Hope they do not add more AQ staterooms..Nice without added pax,

Will those previously booked in AQ suites lose their PG passes ? I assume that after the transition it will all be sorted out...