No dining options on Quantum for late booking... sob..

Today I booked the March 21 Quantum cruise, and when I go to the dining and entertainment options there is almost nothing available. I got Mama Mia for embarkation day & guest entertainer. But Starwater has no availability.

Dining is almost totally unavailable with exception of two nights at 9:30pm at American Icon and a bit more availability at Silk.

Is the punishment for a late booking being sent permanently to the Windjammer? I am D+ so will the concierge be able to get us a few shows and some dining pre-9:30pm?

On Allure we just walked into the "without reservations" line and were always seated quickly. Does that work on Quantum? We are happy to sit alone or with others.

Today I booked the March 21 Quantum cruise, and when I go to the dining and entertainment options there is almost nothing available. I got Mama Mia for embarkation day & guest entertainer. But Starwater has no availability.

Dining is almost totally unavailable with exception of two nights at 9:30pm at American Icon and a bit more availability at Silk.

Is the punishment for a late booking being sent permanently to the Windjammer? I am D+ so will the concierge be able to get us a few shows and some dining pre-9:30pm?

On Allure we just walked into the "without reservations" line and were always seated quickly. Does that work on Quantum? We are happy to sit alone or with others.

You can't compare Allure to Quantum because the dining concept is completely different. On Allure you have MTD with "1" restaurant. On Quantum you have "4" restaurants.

You will still be able to go to any restaurant on any given night, but you may have to wait.

The same thing happened to us. We booked late for 2/20 Quantum. I was not able to get Star water. Only dinner reservations were for very late. I was told to go the time you want and many times they will accommodate. Go to the show and many times they have extra seating. When I called Royal the people I spoke to were not very much help. We shall see what happens Friday!

The same thing happened to us. We booked late for 2/20 Quantum. I was not able to get Star water. Only dinner reservations were for very late. I was told to go the time you want and many times they will accommodate. Go to the show and many times they have extra seating. When I called Royal the people I spoke to were not very much help. We shall see what happens Friday!

Please keep us posted on this. To afford this class of ship, I thought we would have to book late. But if I am a customer on this ship, they should be able to accommodate me. I should be able to eat somewhere besides the Windjammer at a reasonable time, coupled with seeing the shows. If they block you out of all of this, they need to increase the number of shows and the amount of seating. This is ever so disappointing.

Call C&A to see if they can give you can get some earlier dining times. With regards to the shows, initially our 11 nite had MM, 2 entertainers and a few Starwater shows. When we embarked we picked up a copy of "show times at a glance" at guest services, and lo and behold they added 2 additional headliners and a total of 8 starwater shows. As an heads up, review your calendar on your interactive tv in your room. We had MM for the second day at 4:30pm and thank God the show was postponed due to some performers illness as it had been changed to 2:30pm and we would have been out of luck when we showed up for the 4:30 performance. Also, for the shows in the theatre, get there early to get decent seats as the theatre seems to us to have more columns/obstructions than other RCL ships.

You can't compare Allure to Quantum because the dining concept is completely different. On Allure you have MTD with "1" restaurant. On Quantum you have "4" restaurants.

You will still be able to go to any restaurant on any given night, but you may have to wait.

"5" :)

American Icon Grille

Chic

Silk

The Grande

Devinly Decadence

:)

"5" :)

American Icon Grille

Chic

Silk

The Grande

Devinly Decadence

:)

Also, I was impressed with the selection in the WJ at dinner time. When we were in San Juan, there was nothing to do as all of the activities are shut down while in port. We decided to pay a visit to the WJ and we were surprised. There was a wonderful antipasti section comprised of Italian meats such a salami, prosciutto, suppressata, etc. On the other side, it made me cry, as I love cheese(s) and had provolone, grana padano wheel, brie, asiago, etc. The WJ has a wonderful bakery section with many delicious varieties of bread and fresh baked cookies. Also, the 2 stations for omelets at breakfast are converted to prepare pasta dishes, shrimp scampi, etc. It also, has a daily/nightly special--this night it was seafood crepes.

On the last night, we were conflicted with eating at Silk or the WJ. We decided to stick with our Silk reserves. We were rewarded in that Silk has a separate special menu with grilled lobster tails--mmmmm. But, we took a ride to the WJ and sure enough they had the antipasti and other things. An added bonus was an ice cream bar with various toppings. The special was surf & turf and comprised of the largest prawns that I've ever seen and filet mignon.

Never seen these variety/selections on other ship's WJ.

Ps. For breakfast, there is a third omelet/egg station in the back of the WJ and don't know if it is also open at dinner.

As far as the shows, you should be able to go in about 10 minutes before showtime, even without a reservation, and there should be seats available (the seats reserved for D+ and Pinnacle members opens up to general seating then too).

You and I both booked yesterday and must have gotten the last two cabins! Now shows sold out. Did you get a balcony? I spent hours on the phone earlier this AM trying to make reservations. We are in the same boat as you and wondering if we should reconisder. I have until tomorrow for refund as I am within 24 hour window. Looks like a great group going on this cruise! Really want to go!!

I had a conversation with one of the restaurant managers about the difficulty we had in making reservations on line pre cruise yet it appeared that there were always empty tables. His response was that he holds back a certain number of tables so there are tables available to those who haven't or couldn't make reservations ahead of time. I suspect all the managers do the same. When we showed up for our reservation at American Icon we were informed that they had overbooked but the manager there made a few calls and set us up at Coastal Kitchen. An up grade in my opinion.

If you can't reserve on line you should be able to make your reservations on the ship or just show up at the restaurant of your choice and they should be able to accommodate you.

Edited by Phoenix1949

You and I both booked yesterday and must have gotten the last two cabins! Now shows sold out. Did you get a balcony? I spent hours on the phone earlier this AM trying to make reservations. We are in the same boat as you and wondering if we should reconisder. I have until tomorrow for refund as I am within 24 hour window. Looks like a great group going on this cruise! Really want to go!!

Yes, I was able to get a balcony And got a resident discount for California.. Yay! You reminded me to look at the roll call, Wow, busy group.

It wil be a fun trip, you and I will probably be the ones begging for food outside of the restaurants... LOL. Is it possible to lose weight on a cruise? :D

I had a conversation with one of the restaurant managers about the difficulty we had in making reservations on line pre cruise yet it appeared that there were always empty tables. His response was that he holds back a certain number of tables so there are tables available to those who haven't or couldn't make reservations ahead of time. I suspect all the managers do the same. When we showed up for our reservation at American Icon we were informed that they had overbooked but the manager there made a few calls and set us up at Coastal Kitchen. An up grade in my opinion.

If you can't reserve on line you should be able to make your reservations on the ship or just show up at the restaurant of your choice and they should be able to accommodate you.

Wow, I'd love to try Coastal Kitchen! You got really lucky! Crossing my fingers that maybe some of your luck is still in the air.

As far as the shows, you should be able to go in about 10 minutes before showtime, even without a reservation, and there should be seats available (the seats reserved for D+ and Pinnacle members opens up to general seating then too).

For Mamma Mia, if the same experience, get there early. We got there 30 minutes prior to show and the lesser desirable seats were available. One of the poles was in our way. I made a joke that with all of these poles they should make them see through.

Wow, I'd love to try Coastal Kitchen! You got really lucky! Crossing my fingers that maybe some of your luck is still in the air.

After we finished our dinner there I asked the hostess if we could book for another night and she set us right up. Never hurts to ask you might get lucky too.