Warnemunde Car Rental

lnbh

We were on Constellation last year and rented a car from Avis through the ship. Avis delivered it at the port in the morning and picked it up in the afternoon. The rental including insuranse was about $100 but very conveniant.

We drove to Wismar and Scherwin.

Scherwin Castle and old town were worth the visit.

Also noticed that Hertz had a rental location at the port, but don't know anything about it.

Jag

Xpedition,galapagos,March05

Granduer of the Seas-New years,Western Carrib,Dec03

Constellation-Baltics,july03

Century-Easter,Western Carrib,April02

Volendam-4 of July,Alaska,July01

Some years ago now I arranged to rent a car from Avis in Warnemuende. When we got on board at the beginning of the cruise, we found that the port had been changed to Rostock. I dropped in to an Avis office in one of the earlier ports (Oslo or Stockholm, probably) to change that. It was no problem, and when we got to Rostock we found that they had been aware of the port change already. Avis came to pick us up at the ship's side and collected the car from us there at the end of the day. Very efficient.

We drove to Berlin, and had a much better (and cheaper) time than the people who went on the ship's shorex.

I am renting a car from Sixt rather than Avis because they have minivans available for our group of 6 (Avis did not). Also, their office is closer to Warnemunde than Avis'. Cost is about the same.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going on the May 22 trip and would like to know where you contacted the Sixt car rental.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SueMo:

I am renting a car from Sixt rather than Avis because they have minivans available for our group of 6 (Avis did not). Also, their office is closer to Warnemunde than Avis'. Cost is about the same.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alan

Harvith@hotmail.com

There is a good train service right on the pier at warnemunde if you want to do something different than a car.

Norwegian Dream April 2003

CONSTELLATION BALTIC CRUISE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

soon to be on board .Thats the life

Constellation MAY 22ND 2004

I know about the train I just thought a car would be a quicker trip to Berlin (possibly cheaper)not to mention the flexibility. Does Sixt drop off the car at the pier as well? I really appreciate everyone's advice. This is such a helpful forum I don't know how anyone could cruise without it!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lnbh:

Does Sixt drop off the car at the pier as well?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Best thing to do is to e-mail them and ask them specifically. That way, you have a direct response to you in case they slip up and you need to complain later.

I reserved a Mercedes Benz Vito at the daily rate of 45 euros, which includes 100 free km. Insurance is extra. I reserved it online at e-sixt.com. The US customer number is 1 888 749 8227 (toll free). The pick-up station is at Rostock, Lutten Klein, Trelleborger Strasse 9 (FAX+49-38180705112)I have not yet found out if they will send a van to pick us up, but on mapquest, it looks like a fairly short taxi ride to Trelleborger Strasse from the pier.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived