Route of the Vikings, Quest, August 2015

Flash harriet

Hi Harriet, we did the similar cruise on Sojourn in 2013, it was absolutely fabulous and looking at this years itinerary your trip will be even better. We had a knowledgeable destination expert in Roger who was quite a character.

Don't worry about no Roll Call replies or being a "Billy no mates" worst way you will meet plenty of people on board.

Have a great time!!!

Edited by rl787

we were on the 2013 trip as well. The faroe isle stop was a bust because the side trips could not go because of fog but that was the only negative. It got a bit rough for awhile between iceland and Greenland but it was no big deal. When the northern lights were glowing , we all bailed out from the entertainment to look. Very nice trip, a few too many days at sea for us but its well worth doing

Thank you for the reassurance. I am a bit worried about rough seas,but will make sure I have adequate medication. It certainly is an interesting itinerary, and we are really looking forward to it.

Flash Harriet, I used to suffer with motion sickness but John Fonseca, one of the Antarctic Expedition Team on Quests first cruise last December gave me a great tip, you block the NON dominant hand ear ( ie right handed, left ear) so simple, and it works (all to do with balance).

We had up to Force 10 going across the Drake Passage and past Cape Horn and I actually enjoyed it.

Worth a try, beats medications ! ;)

Flash Harriet, I used to suffer with motion sickness but John Fonseca, one of the Antarctic Expedition Team on Quests first cruise last December gave me a great tip, you block the NON dominant hand ear ( ie right handed, left ear) so simple, and it works (all to do with balance).

We had up to Force 10 going across the Drake Passage and past Cape Horn and I actually enjoyed it.

Is an ear plug sufficient or do you need over the ear coverage?

thank you for the great tip...will definitely give it a go with an earplug!

we were on the 2013 trip as well. The faroe isle stop was a bust because the side trips could not go because of fog but that was the only negative. It got a bit rough for awhile between iceland and Greenland but it was no big deal. When the northern lights were glowing , we all bailed out from the entertainment to look. Very nice trip, a few too many days at sea for us but its well worth doing

Wow...I didn't think there would be any chance of Northern Lights in August...now I have got very excited indeed. I hope we are just as lucky.

Is an ear plug sufficient or do you need over the ear coverage?

An airline foam earplug is sufficient, but only in one ear; a number of pax had a colored earplug sticking out of one ear as we made our way across the Drake Passage. ;)

An airline foam earplug is sufficient, but only in one ear; a number of pax had a colored earplug sticking out of one ear as we made our way across the Drake Passage. ;)

Thanks,I had a vision of most guests walking around the ship with a finger in one ear.

Sounds like better advice than I was given when I went to sea as a Cadet. I asked an old grizzled Maltese sailor if there was a cure as we battled our way through the Bay of Biscay in a winter storm.

He said "of course there is, just stand under an oak tree".