NCL Please update Cagney's suite menu!

ohioNCLcruiser

My friend and I recently returned from the Norwegian Spirit and had a great cruise. We were booked in one of the suites and enjoyed the cabin however one thing I think needs to be noted or at least suggested.

One of the best perks of the suite is the breakfast and lunch in Cagney's Restaurant. NCL has kept the same menus for the most part for at least 6 years now and it's just rather boring. Even in the main dining room for lunch they change them every few days. While we enjoy the rest of the perks that comes with the suite, we are just bored with this one. I don't mind breakfast because breakfast but changing up the menu for lunch every few days would be a welcome change! Next time we decide if we are going to book a suite or not, this will probably lead us to choose something thats not a suite. I'm sure we will still have a great time though!

Just my suggestion.

I agree! We've gotten to the point that we pretty much don't bother with lunch in Cagney's. Changing up the lunch menu or at least having a special or two each day would be nice. Maybe a different luncheon salad or sandwich each day.

Great point, it can even just be a Chef's special of the day for example!

I agree! We've gotten to the point that we pretty much don't bother with lunch in Cagney's. Changing up the lunch menu or at least having a special or two each day would be nice. Maybe a different luncheon salad or sandwich each day.

I agree wholeheartedly with this comment. Just the addition of a Chef's special or a different sandwich would make all the difference to that menu.

The first time we sailed in a suite they had a different lunch menu every day in Cagneys! We were quite impressed with the suite life, as you can imagine.

Since then I have learned to cope with the first world problem of a repeating suite luncheon menu, but I do miss the good ol' days!

Snark on/

But the menu has changed over the last six years:

The shrimp cocktail used to be five to six jumbo shrimp, now you get three medium-large shrimp, maybe four if you’re lucky.

The Grilled Asparagus and Prosciutto Salad was just that and it came with grilled portabellas and nice big chunks of parmesan. The last two times I tried it, it was two pieces of asparagus on a giant bed of arugula and a single slice of prosciutto thrown in for good luck.

Oh, and does anyone remember the grilled ahi tuna sandwich? It has since been replaced by the Swordfish Burger.

Not long ago, Kevin Sheehan stated that he wanted the Haven product to compete with the luxury cruise lines—but when you cheapen the menu served to your most profitable customers it appears this endeavor is moving in the wrong direction.

Snark off\

Thanks to the OP for bringing up this subject. Both the Cagney’s/Haven breakfast and lunch menus have been the same for so long that I don’t even look at the menu anymore before ordering.

Please NCL read this thread! I think it says something when I am more excited in my planning on getting the chicken pot pie and mozzarella sticks from O'Sheehans on embarkation day. I am looking forward more to that then the suite lunch menu. I will probably get shrimp cocktail and the berries and mango so I can save room for what I am really looking forward to.

The ambience is nice for breakfast and lunch but after being in a suite several times with the same menu every single day the food has lost much of its allure. I agree with the other posters. It doesn't need a total overhaul but a little variety would go along way. It keeps it interesting.

1) On most cruises you would think that most guests are not eating on the ship for lunch everyday. On most port days most will not be on the ship for lunch.

2) There are other options to eat lunch.

3) Breakfast by its very nature is monotonous and menus will pretty much be the same all cruise long on any line in any venue.

Unless your nose is so high stuck in the air, that you feel unable to eat with those in the steerage class having the same lunch menu shouldn't be an issue. Eat there 2 or 3 times only if you want some variety.

I really cannot fathom how this could be the deal breaker in not booking a suite.

1) On most cruises you would think that most guests are not eating on the ship for lunch everyday. On most port days most will not be on the ship for lunch.

2) There are other options to eat lunch.

3) Breakfast by its very nature is monotonous and menus will pretty much be the same all cruise long on any line in any venue.

Unless your nose is so high stuck in the air, that you feel unable to eat with those in the steerage class having the same lunch menu shouldn't be an issue. Eat there 2 or 3 times only if you want some variety.

I really cannot fathom how this could be the deal breaker in not booking a suite.

I detect a little meanness in your post.

I love the calm atmosphere in the smaller, quieter suite venue. I asked and they brought me something off the menu. A BLT and avocado.

I completed culinary school. I am a student of menu composition. Ya know, not too many restaurants survive for years without tweaking their menu and introducing new things. It keeps things fresh. NCL should too.

BTW, anyone can buy a suite cruise on NCL. IT's not like the movie Titanic.

Next time we decide if we are going to book a suite or not, this will probably lead us to choose something thats not a suite. I'm sure we will still have a great time though!

Just my suggestion.

Nobody said it was. How silly!

The OP did.

While for me it would not be a deal breaker in booking a suite, I do find the lunch menu lacking. Breakfast not so much but there should at least be more variety in the lunch menu.

This was my first experience and I noticed it on the first day. The atmosphere and service was great, just not much to choose from.

If the MDR menus change throughout of the week, couldn't you just order off that menu to be delivered by the butler to your room, if you don't want to go to the MDR? Just wondering because we have a suite for the first time this coming May. I was looking forward to eating at Cagney's or Moderno's for breakfast and lunch but I do like a little variety. I wouldn't mind going to the MDR for lunch but it might be fun to have it brought to the room.

If the MDR menus change throughout of the week, couldn't you just order off that menu to be delivered by the butler to your room, if you don't want to go to the MDR? Just wondering because we have a suite for the first time this coming May. I was looking forward to eating at Cagney's or Moderno's for breakfast and lunch but I do like a little variety. I wouldn't mind going to the MDR for lunch but it might be fun to have it brought to the room.

We ask our room butler or courtyard butler to get us a wide variety of items for lunch that is served around the ship including Cagney's items. Getting something different for lunch has never been a problem. You just have to ask.

We have even occasionally been served lunch items from other venues in Cagney's when we asked the server to get it for us.

Just ask folks and you might be surprised with how the staff wants to ensure you have a great time.