RCCL customer service isn't always so bad

We had an unexpected change in our cruise plans. My SIL decided she couldn't get her documents in order (and we were giving her a free cruise!! :confused:) and canceled on us. So I called last night to see if we could get anything back as we are only 15 days out from our cruise. They actually gave me a full refund!!! :eek: We couldn't believe our luck. The only thing I can figure is that they allowed it since she was the third person in the room and we weren't leaving them with a vacant room. I'm counting my lucky stars right now! :D

Glad that worked out (except not glad for your sister).

I have had great customer service for my upcoming cruise. There was one snafu, and they fixed it right away. I've actually had very good customer service except for one specific incident a few years ago. Sometimes it's hard to get someone to talk to, but when i do, I get what I need quickly.

Enjoy your cruise!

Glad that worked out (except not glad for your sister).

I have had great customer service for my upcoming cruise. There was one snafu, and they fixed it right away. I've actually had very good customer service except for one specific incident a few years ago. Sometimes it's hard to get someone to talk to, but when i do, I get what I need quickly.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks! I'm excited! But it's her own fault that she can't go. All she had to do was ride into town and get another drivers license since she lost it. Crazy! If anyone offers me a free cruise, I wouldn't hesitate at all!

If she's lost her license, she needs to replace it whether she goes on the cruise or not! I mean, she's going to have to go to the trouble whether she goes on the cruise or not, so I don't understand her reluctance.

I wouldn't give the SIL a chance to do this to you a second time!

I've also had nothing but positive interactions with customer service; still, I think you were fortunate to get a refund after the "last day" date.

Usually a new ID only takes about 10 days. She must be incredibly lazy to not have just gone when they opened one morning and gotten it out of the way. Going 15 minutes before they open is my M.O.

Oh well! More cash for you guys on your vacation!

Edited by TomAceEsq

Thanks! I'm excited! But it's her own fault that she can't go. All she had to do was ride into town and get another drivers license since she lost it. Crazy! If anyone offers me a free cruise, I wouldn't hesitate at all!

My passport expires in December. I'm already freaking out about how I'm going to renew it. If I lost my license, I'd be at the DMV the next day.

I'm happy to take her place next time you want to take someone on a free cruise. I'm very responsible! :D

She said her purse was stolen. But she only had to go to the DMV to get a replacement. I know the DMV is horrible but she could have gotten it done in a couple of hours. Free cruise=couple of hours at the DMV. No brainer!

To me, that's the sign of someone who doesn't really want the cruise. Glad she won't get another chance. (we gave a cruise to TWO people who ultimately didn't really want to be there...sure wish they had told us that so we could have cancelled it!)

To me, that's the sign of someone who doesn't really want the cruise. Glad she won't get another chance. (we gave a cruise to TWO people who ultimately didn't really want to be there...sure wish they had told us that so we could have cancelled it!)

I agree with this. Beats me how anybody could NOT want to go on a cruise.

Have a great time!

Sorry that happened to you. We gave her multiple opportunities to say she didn't want to go before final payment but each time she sounded excited about going. She loves the ocean, she's wants to do anything we do (excursions, zip line, meal venues, etc. etc....), and she can't wait to go. Not sure what happened. The crazy thing is there is no way that she will ever get the opportunity to go. She lives with her parents, has no job, nothing to fall back on for money. We gave her the money to get her drivers license. Just doesn't make sense. But, like TomAceEsq said, more money for us to spend. And who wants to be on a cruise with someone who doesn't want to be there. :)

Sorry about your SIL, but you were exactly right in why you got refunded.

When you have a triple or quad booking, if one of those people drop off, you get refunded. The cabin is still booked at minimum double occupancy, so they can refund third/fourth up until very shortly before cruise date.

Glad you are not out the money. As for her, she's made her choice.