Night light in bathroom - Questions

Hurley_gurly9

I could use some advice!

I am pregnant, and get up to use the bathroom many times in the night. We sleep in the pitch black at home, and when I get up, I use my cell phone for a small light to guide me so I don't wake my husband, and there is a night light in the bathroom so I don't have to turn on the light.

So here's the question, has anyone put a night light in the bathroom, and if so, does any light peek under the door?

If it's not pitch black, we can't sleep, and if I turn the light on in the bathroom, I'll never fall back asleep. I am planning to carry a flashlight to get to the bathroom, but I don't think holding a flashlight is going to be enough light to actually use the restroom.

Some advice, or creative solutions would be greatly appreciated! We sail in 30 days, and I didn't even think about it until I had to get up last night and our power was out, so our bathroom night light wasn't on! Thanks in advance!!!

Battery operated tea lights. They work great and won't disturb anyone who is sleeping. One by your bedside and another in the bathroom.

;)

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

This is what we use. They are cheap and last a long time. We put two by the corners of the hallway leading to the bathroom and two on the barhroom counter. Just enough light.

Something that is battery operated is a must because I don't believe there is a plug in the bathroom. I know my husband always has to come out into the cabin to shave and the hairdryer is out in the cabin also. Just don't remember a plug in any bathroom on our cruises.

Another thought, since you said that you don't want any light in your room. Take a flashlight. You can use it to navigate your room and then in the bathroom. Rather than hold it, place it in the (empty) sink. The white sink will reflect lots of light up and off the ceiling....none into your eyes. These bathrooms are so small that it should be more than enough.

I have a tiny LED flashlight with a flat back. I use it all the time, standing on its back and reflecting off the ceiling.

If you get a multi-mode flashlight, you can use 'low' to get to the bathroom. Then, put it on a higher setting for ambient light.

Bonus: You can use at home too, so it's not wasted money.

We use battery operated tea lights in the cabin itself on the corners of counters and on anything we may walk into and battery operated votives in the bathroom. I put one on the shelf near the toilet paper and one on the counter near the sink. :)

Edited by peg013

We used a small LED nightlight and plugged it into the outlet above the mirror and it worked perfectly. We left the bathrooms door open using a bungee cord and this was the first cruise that I didn't stub my toe or trip over the doorsill. This was an AFT PH on the Pearl.