"LIVE" from the Oasis of the Seas - February 21, 2015

niksmom630

Frozen drink menus were on freedom in oct. I guess they had lots of menus with the lava pic ect dont remember if it was just that but evey bar had a different menu

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Another great review Chris - thanks so much.

Dan.

P.S. - we were on the Vision during the same week you did this Oasis sailing. Considering we just got 8" of snow Thursday, I wish I was still on the Vision! :(

We are on Oasis now. Checked in around 10.30 and boarded at 11.30. We are D+ so basically boarded after a handful of suite passengers. There were maybe a couple of hundred people in the terminal waiting to board.

J

Only the embarkation rule breakers would know! 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on Oasis Feb 21-28 and the boarding time we got (1pm) was only a 'suggested' boarding time. We arrived right at 1pm, there were LOTS of people in line but we were on the ship by 1:20. Lines moved very fast. Quickest boarding procedure we've had on a ship. It was nice to be able to go directly to our stateroom to drop off our carryons, then we headed out to explore. (we ate lunch before we left home in Miami so we wouldn't have to look for a place to sit in the Windjammer). It was a great cruise- would do it again in a heartbeat. Never felt crowded.

Does anyone know if they still rent the iPhones that work only on the ship?

Thanks

As of last spring they were still available on Allure. They were rather pricey, but never worked. We ended up turning ours back in on day 2.

Another great review Chris - thanks so much.

Dan.

P.S. - we were on the Vision during the same week you did this Oasis sailing. Considering we just got 8" of snow Thursday, I wish I was still on the Vision! :(

I hear you, Dan! We came home to another round of single digit temps! I'm ready to leave again also. I hope you consider sharing a review on the Vision. 😃

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are on Oasis now. Checked in around 10.30 and boarded at 11.30. We are D+ so basically boarded after a handful of suite passengers. There were maybe a couple of hundred people in the terminal waiting to board.

J

We're also on the ship now. We got to the terminal at 11:15 and were upstairs around 11:30 but were mistakenly directed to the normal folk waiting area. It was poorly signed since it was right in back of a Diamond sign, and people seated in the area in front of it were being allowed to board when we got there. After 10 minutes of watching Gold and Platinum board, I asked people sitting near me if they were Diamond and they said that they were not not! It turns out that the last person who directed us to the waiting area ignored that we were Diamond. After I asked about it the person who had told us where to sit told us that we could board, but of course claimed that she had not made a mistake. We were on the ship having lunch at Solarium Bistro by noon. We were in our cabin with our luggage by 1:20.

We're also on the ship now. We got to the terminal at 11:15 and were upstairs around 11:30 but were mistakenly directed to the normal folk waiting area. It was poorly signed since it was right in back of a Diamond sign, and people seated in the area in front of it were being allowed to board when we got there. After 10 minutes of watching Gold and Platinum board, I asked people sitting near me if they were Diamond and they said that they were not not! It turns out that the last person who directed us to the waiting area ignored that we were Diamond. After I asked about it the person who had told us where to sit told us that we could board, but of course claimed that she had not made a mistake. We were on the ship having lunch at Solarium Bistro by noon. We were in our cabin with our luggage by 1:20.

I hate when I am mistaken as a 'normal'..;)

We were misdirected to the Diamond, Diamond Plus and Platinum lines to check in....and we're only Gold. The lady at the 'window' had to go all the way over to the other side to retrieve our card keys. But, for a few moments, I felt like we were royalty although we were really the prince and the pauper. :D:D

Edited by Diver2014

I am not sure if you are checking your thread any longer. I wanted to say that I loved the pictures you downloaded.

DW and I sailed on the Allure in Sept 2014 and loved that ship. We have booked the Oasis but our cruise is not till Sept 2016. We booked a GS for that cruise. We had a balcony on Deck 11 on the Allure cruise. I really enjoyed the photos of the GS on your cabin crawl.

Thanks again for all the wonderful photos.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
By any chance do you have the kids club compass?

No, sorry, I was not able to get them. Guest services sometimes had the 3-5 age group on display at the kiosks, but when I asked about the other age groups, they said I would have to get them from Adventure Ocean, and the few times I stopped by there, the staff must have been elsewhere doing activities.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank's so much for taking time out of your trip to post this review. I'm travelling on this beautiful ship in January and your posts have made me even more excited :-) I'm dying for entertainment bookings to open up so I can see if i have made a mistake by booking the 8:30pm traditional dining. (I was thinking perhaps less kids in that slot but hoping to still be able to see the shows)

we always book for around 7:00 to eat so we can make the shows. We also book the shows around 9 or 10:00. If you are late you might lose your seats. They give away the seats 10 mins. before the show starts.

We also just plain didn't go to the shows on the days we scheduled because we

were walking by a theater and discovered we had time to go a day ahead of time too. Way I am hearing reports on the Cat play people are disappointed.

What I am saying we never missed a show. There always seem to be room.

But do schedule everything ahead of time to make sure you do have

a for sure seat.

I loved the Oasis and we are going back in Feb.