Shout out to Port of Tampa

mwood0612

Just got back on Monday from our carnival paradise cruise and I just wanted to say how easy the embark and debark process at the Port of Tampa was!!! We moved through very quickly both days and the porters were the nicest, most helpful ones we've encountered on any of our cruises!!!! Good Job Tampa!!! We will definitely be back!!!!!

Just got back on Monday from our carnival paradise cruise and I just wanted to say how easy the embark and debark process at the Port of Tampa was!!! We moved through very quickly both days and the porters were the nicest, most helpful ones we've encountered on any of our cruises!!!! Good Job Tampa!!! We will definitely be back!!!!!

Thank you, good to know. How easy is it to park at the Port of Tampa?

Thank you, good to know. How easy is it to park at the Port of Tampa?

Not sure about that! We flew in and took a cab from the airport!! Hope it's as easy as everything else was!!! Just FYI... We didn't arrive at port until almost noon and we were STILL able to pretty much walk right onboard (we did NOT purchase FTTF for those cruising Carnival)!!!!!

We have been there as early as 930 am and have gone right up, parking is open so there should be no problem parking.

There is a parking garage across the street that may be cheaper.

I live in Tampa and have to say that is the easiest to embark and debark from...best port ever!!

janymac

ote=GTO-Girl;45695533]We leave from Tampa this Monday and will be parking at the port.

Would love to know what's the earliest time we can enter the parking facility and get into the terminal?

Thanks!

We were on the cruise too, and we parked right down the street at the Parking Doctors, Parktologists. They were only $8 per day to park, and I found a $5 off discount online. The port parking is right across the street from the terminal, and they have a valet service if you want to use that. We didn't get to the port until about 12:00, and got right on the boat. Debarkation was easy too.

We were on the cruise too, and we parked right down the street at the Parking Doctors, Parktologists. They were only $8 per day to park, and I found a $5 off discount online. The port parking is right across the street from the terminal, and they have a valet service if you want to use that. We didn't get to the port until about 12:00, and got right on the boat. Debarkation was easy too.

I've read some mixed reviews about the Parking Doctors. How was your experience?

on the other hand

today's cruise won't be easy boarding . . .

Bril' of the seas has not yet been allowed to come into port due to fog (not at the pier but at the off shore approaches and around the Skyway Bridge.) I'm talking after 5pm here. Not fun for those who expected to be well into their vacation by now, and not fun for anyone who has to fly home

Today's cruise will not leave until tomorrow . . .

due to a BAD history of problems around the Skyway, they are VERY cautious about ship movements in reduced visibility. the problem is MUCH worse in Tampa ... not that other ports don't see fog, but a bad history in Tampa where the transit into port is long, with comparatively many turns and little leeway as out of the channel the water is shallow . . . There was plenty of fog in Canaveral this AM but ENCH' came in basically on time as the channel is short and has only 1 turn.

Not bad mouthing Tampa .. just stating facts. I was there for the BLACKTHORN loss and the old SKYWAY bridge knockdown incidents; a short time later two barges collided, one was carrying gasoline .... BOOM!