Celebrity Sea & Stay Packages

cruisefan2012

I`m travelling from the UK (possibly via New York and then) to Vancouver to join Celebrity Infinity for a 7 night Alaska Cruise (Very exciting!!)

I was checking out my reservation last night and discovered the "Sea & Stay Packages " I was wondering if anybody has ever booked one before the cruise

Did it work out all right for you?

Were you able to pick the hotel you wanted? - Or is it whatever Celebrity chose? - I`d like to stay at the Pan Pacific Hotel in Vancouver due to its location to the cruise terminal

Has anybody ever stayed at The Pan Pacific Hotel in Vancouver? Love to hear your reviews of the hotel which looks beautiful !!

I can't comment on the Sea and Stay packages.

We loved, loved, loved the Pan Pacific. It is expensive but it is a beautiful facility, has good service and beautiful views. The Bell Captain was APPALLED that we brought down our own luggage to check to the cruise ship. He kept saying "I would have sent someone to get it."

There's lots of information about Vancouver hotels on the Canada ports of call forum.

Pan Pacific is a great, but expensive hotel duing the cruise season. The Fairmont Waterfront hotel is right across the street from Pan Pacific and is equally a very nice hotel. You can't go wrong on either hotel. Both will be expensive but probably less expensive than a sea and stay price.

Edited by EMS8

I do not recall the Pan Pacific ever being used by Celebrity and I will absolutely, and rightfully, be corrected if I am wrong. The hotels chosen by cruise lines are priced per passenger and for the most part are substantially higher than self booking. Rooms at the Pan Pacific book quickly during cruise season and for good reason. It's a beautiful hotel with a fantastic patio where you can almost touch the ships. The views beyond are wonderful too. The hop-on-hop-off busses begin their various routes at the hotel and there are museums and restaurants within easy walking distances albeit uphill but very close.

I hope you can get a reservation. It is well worth the tariff.

If money is not an issue, then Sea and Stay packages are likely a benefit for the convenience and time saving of not having to do research. That said, we always care about the money aspect and would never consider anything other than booking our own hotel room. The cost is always less for a comparable hotel, and taxi rides are always available. (at least wherever we have cruised, but have admittedly not done world-wide cruising yet). If you wanted to stay several days pre-cruise (Vancouver is lovely), then you can even contact a local (i.e., Vancouver) travel agent and have them help you with arrangements. We did that in Anchorage with a local agent rather than booking the Celebrity post-cruise itinerary. We saved $300 per person for a three day post-cruise add-on, staying at Princess properties as it happens. That was a substantial savings!