HELP: Serenade power issues in January

crilski

Have all the passengers on the January 17th and January 24th sailing received what they were promised? Such as refunds and/or vouchers.

Is there anyone that was promised something and is still waiting? (not counting the people that were not able to board at all) - Have you received or not received?

I was a B2B - and was in a cabin without power. There were other issues.

I was promised 'something' - I asked to receive the 'promise' in writing, and they said it would be delivered to my cabin. It never was.

I was then promised something even better a day later. I was actually called by Guest Services and asked to provide them with my address and email, which I delivered to Guest Services immediately. Since this was a better promise, I never followed up on the first promise that I was told I would receive in writing, but never did.

I called Guest Resolutions the other day. I was told that Royal can not do anything about verbal promises. So Guest Services can lie to the passengers face? Guest Services can even asked for my information - and then do nothing? They called my cabin and I talked to them!

I recently composed a very detailed letter. I actually started keeping a journal of exact times, trips made to guest services, after the power went out. I do have the names of the guest service agents that made both promises. I watched as one even got it approved by a supervisor. I asked right then in there if I could get the promise in writing. I should have never left the counter. Next time I be sure and throw a complete fit and tirade. I will not be placated again by lies to my face.

The letter has been sent. I also sent an email. In the meantime, I wondered if there is anyone else out there that is having issues.

Or if you have suggestions on what else I could do.

Thanks!

Have all the passengers on the January 17th and January 24th sailing received what they were promised? Such as refunds and/or vouchers.

Is there anyone that was promised something and is still waiting? (not counting the people that were not able to board at all) - Have you received or not received?

I was a B2B - and was in a cabin without power. There were other issues.

I was promised 'something' - I asked to receive the 'promise' in writing, and they said it would be delivered to my cabin. It never was.

I was then promised something even better a day later. I was actually called by Guest Services and asked to provide them with my address and email, which I delivered to Guest Services immediately. Since this was a better promise, I never followed up on the first promise that I was told I would receive in writing, but never did.

I called Guest Resolutions the other day. I was told that Royal can not do anything about verbal promises. So Guest Services can lie to the passengers face? Guest Services can even asked for my information - and then do nothing? They called my cabin and I talked to them!

I recently composed a very detailed letter. I actually started keeping a journal of exact times, trips made to guest services, after the power went out. I do have the names of the guest service agents that made both promises. I watched as one even got it approved by a supervisor. I asked right then in there if I could get the promise in writing. I should have never left the counter. Next time I be sure and throw a complete fit and tirade. I will not be placated again by lies to my face.

The letter has been sent. I also sent an email. In the meantime, I wondered if there is anyone else out there that is having issues.

Or if you have suggestions on what else I could do.

Thanks!

From all the posts that I read, and from my mother who was on the ship! the only thing offered to the guests of the Jan 24'th sailing was OBC which was posted directly to their Seapass card. I have heard nothing of any guests from the Jan 17'th sailing being offered any type of compensation.

Guests that were denied boarding for the Jan 24 sailing were offered a compensation package that included a refund as well as a FCC.

I only mention 'throwing a fit', as I saw people do that, and they what they wanted. I was nice the whole time, and look what it got me. Throwing a fit is not my style, but if that's what works . . . .

I know people that boarded got an OBC - but I was in an affected cabin, had issues with moving, no communication, and more . . . . and was offered compensation. But things were crazy, I took Guest Services word on what they said - that a letter outlining the compensation would be put in writing and delivered to my cabin.

Then I was actually called and told what I needed to do, to receive an even better compensation. And I didn't ask for this one. I followed their instructions - and NOTHING.

I actually pointed out to Guest Resolutions if they only responded to people that had a tirade - they were training passengers to behave in that way.

So what did 'nice' get me? Two lies to placate the situation . . . .

Edited by crilski

• 2 weeks later...

I called February 18th - no satisfaction. Sent the letter February 19th. No response. I'll call again this next week. If I get no satisfaction again, I will post names and details of exactly what I was promised.

It disturbs me that Guest Services (2 different people and 2 different promises) can make verbal promises, and it seems Royal has no intention of making good.

Wish me luck . . . .

I am more than pleased to report that I received a phone call from Royal's Executive Office this afternoon in response to the detailed letter I sent outlining my problems while a passenger on my B2B on the Serenade in January. I was very disappointed and frustrated in Royals non response when I phoned them a couple of weeks ago.

It was hard to explain via a phone call - so it really helped that I kept a journal with times & names. I started the journal when the front of the ship lost power. They actually read my 5 page letter.

I did learn a lesson - PUT IT IN WRITING. (before leaving the ship or the Guest Services counter)

Thank you Royal for making it right!